Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fullback Keith Smith To Miss Most Of Camp With Knee Injury

Its interesting because there is kind of a dillemma I think we are facing at FB.

Smith is a really good blocking FB and he does the kind of dirty work that goes unnoticed. But as far as playmaking and explosiveness are concerned, he just isnt that guy.

Ingold on the other hand is a better playmaker but he not proven as a blocker at all.

My guy Sanjit on youtube explains it perfectly in this video. FB is a quick reaction job and the speed at the NFL level will be a challenge for Ingold.

And I heard the fans wishing CW3 would be converted to FB but for the same reason I dont think its that easy. Amd him beeing taller/leaner I dont think will help as far as angles and leverages are concerned.

Again check out the vid and see how Keith is good at finding his target, setting up his body for contact and makong nice seal blocks for the RB. Its not a given at all someone wikl step up and do that job at the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Its interesting because there is kind of a dillemma I think we are facing at FB.

Smith is a really good blocking FB and he does the kind of dirty work that goes unnoticed. But as far as playmaking and explosiveness are concerned, he just isnt that guy.

Ingold on the other hand is a better playmaker but he not proven as a blocker at all.

My guy Sanjit on youtube explains it perfectly in this video. FB is a quick reaction job and the speed at the NFL level will be a challenge for Ingold.

And I heard the fans wishing CW3 would be converted to FB but for the same reason I dont think its that easy. Amd him beeing taller/leaner I dont think will help as far as angles and leverages are concerned.

Again check out the vid and see how Keith is good at finding his target, setting up his body for contact and makong nice seal blocks for the RB. Its not a given at all someone wikl step up and do that job at the same level.

I don't know what you're looking at it, Keith Smith his a sub-par FB. Ingold is an upgrade, and so is CW3 as he actually was already converted to a FB in college.

Quote Originally Posted by BoJacksonRules View Post
    I don't know what you're looking at it, Keith Smith his a sub-par FB. Ingold is an upgrade, and so is CW3 as he actually was already converted to a FB in college.
    not sure where he gets that cw3 is taller and leaner ??? bigger/stronger and can run and catch well at 255/260 cw3 could run thru any lb,mlb,safety,we saw him last yr at rb running over people in the pre-season dude was like a man among boys

After watching Smith last year, I'm of the opinion that he's not much of a runner or very good at receiving either. That pretty much limits his role to being a blocking FB, maybe a rare carry in very short yardage situations, and special teams.

If that's the case we can say he's not a very valuable asset and when you add in the factor that he's hurt and will miss most of camp...well, it doesn't look very good for Mr. Smith being on the roster opening night.

But we'll see. Have to wait to see what his competition looks like. Who is vying to replace him. How fast he can come back from the knee injury.

Roster decisions are make during the preseason. Smith's absence will open the door for others. If he doesn't play, Smith's play from last year will be compared to what the competition does this preseason. Not a good situation for Smith.

Yep.

Refresh my memory. How did we acquire Smith ? Did we give Dallas a draft pick or was he a FA ?

Also, the game where he got stuffed on 4th and goal when he took the handoff as the lead FB....who were we playing ? And what game did he drop the pass to him where he was wide open uncovered in the right flat ? Was that the same game ?

Hate to admit this, but I'm getting a little foggy in my old age and can't remember details like I used to. Worried I might become Bob Mueller.

Hate to admit this, but I'm getting a little foggy in my old age and can't remember details like I used to. Worried I might become Bob Mueller.

no worries,just take a shot and a hit with some cbd gummy bears before you go to sleep and you'll be good to go,lol

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post

no worries,just take a shot and a hit with some cbd gummy bears before you go to sleep and you'll be good to go,lol
    The Cowboys didn't give Smith a tender offer after the 2017 season and he became a free agent and was signed by the Raiders.

Hope you never sink to the mental level of Bob Mueller. It was painful to watch him and a total waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    not sure where he gets that cw3 is taller and leaner ??? bigger/stronger and can run and catch well at 255/260 cw3 could run thru any lb,mlb,safety,we saw him last yr at rb running over people in the pre-season dude was like a man among boys
    He is taller and that plays in the leverage he gets in the blocking game. He hasnt done anything at the NFL level. Its not on me if some of you guys dont understand the physics of the game SMH. I suggest you watch the vid I posted and look how low Smith gets and how quick he picks up his blocking assignement. Its one thing to "run thru" 2nd and 3rd string guys in preseason. Its another to block effectively for another player on the field and do it against NFL speed and 1st string players.

Im not saying Keith Smith is awesome and no way he could lose his job to either CW3 or Ingold. Its just a fact both these guys have a lot to prove in the NFL. You cant just sit in a chair and proclaim such or such player ready to make a veteran expandable when they havent done ANYTHING yet.
    Last edited by fad; 07-26-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    He is taller and that plays in the leverage he gets in the blocking game. He hasnt done anything at the NFL level. Its not on me if some of you guys dont understand the physics of the game SMH. I suggest you watch the vid I posted and look how low Smith gets and how quick he picks up his blocking assignement. Its one thing to "run thru" 2nd and 3rd string guys in preseason. Its another to block effectively for another player on the field and do it against NFL speed and 1st string players.

Im not saying Keith Smith is awesome and no way he could lose his job to either CW3 or Ingold. Its just a fact both these guys have a lot to prove in the NFL. You cant just sit in a chair and proclaim such or such player ready to make a veteran expandable when they havent done ANYTHING yet.
    The problem for Smith is that he won't be able to do anything to prove himself while he is sidelined with an injury.