Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension Suspense

Suspension Suspense

Will Incognito be suspended ? If so, for how many games and when will Goodell announce it ?

I'm thinking it's about a 90% certainty Goodell is going to suspend Incognito for his funeral parlor arrest incident even though RI wasn't in the league at that time.

I'm guessing it will be 4 games and announced after training camp ends.

Considering the fact that the details of the arrest incident have been known for a very long time now, it's bullshit that no confirmation of an upcoming suspension, nor it's length have been announced.

I notice the NFL announced that Jalin Marshall (he was a Raider for 2 days) has been suspended for 4 games even though he's signed to play in the CFL this season. Nice to know about this meaningless suspension.

I have a related question about Martavius Bryant. I'm pretty sure his suspension is 'indefinite'. In other words, for however long Goodell wants it to be.

Is this correct ? And have the Raiders released Bryant or do they still have his rights if and when he is eligible to play again ?

Pretty sure the Raiders would not have traded for Bryant if they knew a suspension was coming.

Was the repeat violation that Bryant was suspended for made before the trade was made ? Was the NFL aware of the violation Bryant commited before the trade was made ? Did the NFL know that they'd probably suspend Bryant before the trade was made ?

If Bryant's violation occurred before the trade was made....how the fuck does he play for several weeks before the suspension kicks in ? What takes so fucking long to decide on and enforce a suspension ?

Willing to bet more of the same shit is coming with Incognito.

The haphazard way that Goodell and the NFL evaluate, decide on and announce player suspensions is an absolute joke.

Bryant for a 3rd even without a suspension looming was moronic.

I'm sure someone in Raiderland knows and was comfortable signing the guy anyways, so 4 games max is what I think it will be. Good will probably get the starts during the suspension.

The Raiders were suppose to be checking with the league after Incognito visited. The signing should be a sign that they are comfortable with the information they received.

i don't see how thw league could even get involved here incognito was not in the league last yr when it happened

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i don't see how thw league could even get involved here incognito was not in the league last yr when it happened
    Doesnt matter...I remember the T. Pryor suspension, he wasnt even in the leauge..I think they suspended Tressell to when he was a assistant..
    Fu#k The Rest

Have the Raiders cut ties with Bryant or do we still retain his rights if he's reinstated ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Have the Raiders cut ties with Bryant or do we still retain his rights if he's reinstated ?
    I dont think we have his rights. But why would we want him? Weve got speed all over the place at WR...And imo he frigin sucked when he played for us..
    Fu#k The Rest

I didn't think Bryant sucked when he played for us. I don't think he's sucked anytime he's played anywhere.

The 'white tiger' has demonstrated he's one of the best deep threats in the NFL.

Can never have enough speed.

If he's reinstated, I'd welcome him back with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    I didn't think Bryant sucked when he played for us. I don't think he's sucked anytime he's played anywhere.

The 'white tiger' has demonstrated he's one of the best deep threats in the NFL.

Can never have enough speed.

If he's reinstated, I'd welcome him back with open arms.
    id pass on him,we already got twill and a.b and dont need a distraction like him on the team

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    id pass on him,we already got twill and a.b and dont need a distraction like him on the team
    Bryant said he really liked gruden, and respected him that he was hard on him and pushed him to be the best he could. Gruden gave him his chance, he respects that. when suspension is lifted I expect him to come back to the Raiders, and Gruden will get him on league minimum, and would be a great 4th WR. he will be a massive mismatch at number 4 WR for us... we got to build our OLINE so Carr can let plays develop for our speedsters.