Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: johnathan abrams signs

johnathan abrams signs

Johnathan Abram DB, Oakland Raiders
    Raiders signed first-round S Johnathan Abram to a four-year contract.

The deal includes a fifth-year team option for 2023. Abram (511/205) made four starts as a true freshman at Georgia in 2015, left the program for personal reasons, spent a year in JUCO, then exploded for 14 tackles for loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles, and two picks across 18 starts at Mississippi State. Experienced at slot corner, safety, and nickel/dime back, Abram is a straight-linish downhill safety in the Landon Collins mold with plus open-field speed (4.45 forty) and tone-setting physicality best employed near the box.

here's to hoping he's our Ronny Lott of the future!

Quote Originally Posted by LA R8R View Post
    here's to hoping he's our Ronny Lott of the future!
    That would be sweet, although I don't think Abram has the size or bulk of Lott.

Abram sure does play fast though. That closing speed when coming up really stands out on tape. Dude looks like a guided missile.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    That would be sweet, although I don't think Abram has the size or bulk of Lott.

Abram sure does play fast though. That closing speed when coming up really stands out on tape. Dude looks like a guided missile.
    Abrams is actually an inch taller. Lott just used huge shoulder pads, which made him appear bigger. Lott would rack up fines like Burfict if he played today. Lott was not a dirty player but he hit hard and that is frowned upon in today's NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Abrams is actually an inch taller. Lott just used huge shoulder pads, which made him appear bigger. Lott would rack up fines like Burfict if he played today. Lott was not a dirty player but he hit hard and that is frowned upon in today's NFL.
    Lott was 5'10" ? What did he weigh ?

Imagine the fines Tatum would have racked up.

Didn't look at the combine numbers for Abrams. Lott was an inch taller, same weight. low 200's

I like the Abrams pick, but all the talk about his hard hitting...I don't see it. Karl Joseph's college highlights was a hard hitting reel. Abrams so called hard hits look like good hits, but not eye opening like Joseph's. With that said, as long as hes a smart player, can cover receivers, and a reliable tackler, he will justify the first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I like the Abrams pick, but all the talk about his hard hitting...I don't see it. Karl Joseph's college highlights was a hard hitting reel. Abrams so called hard hits look like good hits, but not eye opening like Joseph's. With that said, as long as hes a smart player, can cover receivers, and a reliable tackler, he will justify the first round pick.
    i was not a fan of the karl joseph pick,kid had highlight reel hits causing a lot of hype but a safety in this league has to be able to be smart and cover as well,i never saw joseph as a good coverage type and that has been his issue all career long,the kid cant cover and takes horrible angles too

Quote Originally Posted by DARAIDAHS View Post
    I do question his intelligence a bit as I think he was suspended twice for illegal hits. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i was not a fan of the karl joseph pick,kid had highlight reel hits causing a lot of hype but a safety in this league has to be able to be smart and cover as well,i never saw joseph as a good coverage type and that has been his issue all career long,the kid cant cover and takes horrible angles too
    Didn't really know of him until the draft and his highlights. He was leading in interceptions his senior year until he got hurt, so I didn't think that would have been a problem. But as we all know, he can't cover TEs, his height is his main problem.