Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trayvon mullen signs

Trayvon mullen signs

Raiders signed second-round CB Trayvon Mullen to a four-year contract.

Mullen (6’2/199) went pro as a true junior after making 26 starts in three seasons for the Tigers, tallying 12 career pass breakups and four picks. He earned National Championship Game Defensive MVP honors in January’s win over Alabama with two takeaways and a sack. PFF College credited Mullen with a stingy 61.0 passer rating allowed when targeted in 2018, and his 0.65 yards allowed per coverage snap was the ACC’s top mark. A rangy press corner with 4.46 speed, Mullen’s tape reveals a willing hitter with loose hips and plus length to hang with bigger wideouts but a prospect who needs to add strength and play with more consistency.

I think this kid is going to be a player.

i like both mullen and johnson as players for us

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    I think the best players for us out of this draft are going to be Jacobs, Renfrow, and Mullen.

I think Johnson will make the move to FS. He's a converted WR and played corner 1 or 2 seasons. He's huge for a corner at 6'4, which make him the tallest corner in the NFL.

A good D line can make a poor secondary look better. I wouldn't be surprised with our improved secondary and linebackers they help improve the D line. That alone will increase sacks and pressures. Looking forward how this defense puts it together. Wouldn't surprise me in our new high secondary picks steal the show.

If the offense can put teams in the hole score wise the Defense can play kill the QB. Pulse a great offense decrease defensive time on the field keeping them rested and fresh.
    Last edited by rabidraider; 06-19-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    A good D line can make a poor secondary look better. I wouldn't be surprised with our improved secondary and linebackers they help improve the D line. That alone will increase sacks and pressures. Looking forward how this defense puts it together. Wouldn't surprise me in our new high secondary picks steal the show.

If the offense can put teams in the hole score wise the Defense can play kill the QB. Pulse a great offense decrease defensive time on the field keeping them rested and fresh.
    raiders are much improved on offense (rb,wr,oline),much improved in the secondary,much improved at lb and younger and more talent on the front 4,im at 8-8 currently

raiders are much improved on offense (rb,wr,oline),much improved in the secondary,much improved at lb and younger and more talent on the front 4,im at 8-8 currently
    Unless we can catch some breaks like playing backup QB's. 8-8 is realistic

Agreed, you go from Rucker to Ferrell, thats a win. Lee to Burfict. Add youth to the corners to supplement, Conley/Worley, add Joyner in place of Nelson, personnel wise, we've improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Agreed, you go from Rucker to Ferrell, thats a win. Lee to Burfict. Add youth to the corners to supplement, Conley/Worley, add Joyner in place of Nelson, personnel wise, we've improved.
    On paper, yeah.

Have to wait and see how it translates on the field. I'm feeling optimistic.

Of course, there's the Derek Carr factor, the elephant in the room. IMO, that more than anything will determine the degree of success for the 2019 Raiders.

Can't wait for the season to begin.