Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The injury

The injury

The one player that got injured that could've had an outstanding career. Bo Jackson is mine and I'm just trying to see if he is a clean sweep on this board. Anybody out there have anybody else? I think we had 2 more SB in us had he not got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    The one player that got injured that could've had an outstanding career. Bo Jackson is mine and I'm just trying to see if he is a clean sweep on this board. Anybody out there have anybody else? I think we had 2 more SB in us had he not got hurt.
    The Raiders were never going to win a super Bowl with Art Shell as the coach. The team could of had 20 Bo Jacksons, they weren't going to win any super bowl. The Bills were a better team and better coached.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    The Raiders were never going to win a super Bowl with Art Shell as the coach. The team could of had 20 Bo Jacksons, they weren't going to win any super bowl. The Bills were a better team and better coached.
    And you know this bc?...?..?
    Yes the Bills were a really really good team. How many
    Superbowls did they win in that 4 year span?
    No one knows what couldve been and thus the OPs thread...
    Would a healthy BO have led us to a Superbowl? Who knows, because he did get severely injured.. a truly sad time in Raiders football. Even more-so as a kid who became a Raider fan at the age of 6-7 in a household full of diehard Jets fans (growing up in row housing in NYC). Man, what couldve been if Bo stayed healthy and that freak hip injury didnt happen vs the Bengals towards the end of the year. Still remember him on the sideline with his kid(s) and being interviewed after the game playing it off like it wasnt that serious. Only to find out through the course of what seemed to be an eternity at that age, that he may and probably wont ever play professional sports again... ugh, just brought back bad memories again. Bo was the man.

Bo Jackson was the worst injury, but I would have liked to see how far the Raiders could have gone if Carr was not injured three years ago.

davide somma, south african striker that leeds picked up cheap who after settling in to cold english conditions hit around 8 goals in 5 games, blew his knee out and his career was done.
    carrs first injury for the raiders derailed a hot season and appears to have effected him long term, with last years line making him look like david carr the rumors they might move on from derek kinda made sense at the back of my mind.
    mcfadden, everytime he started to look like a baller he got the same injury (lisfranc?) and his season was over.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    And you know this bc?...?..?
    Yes the Bills were a really really good team. How many
    Superbowls did they win in that 4 year span?
    No one knows what couldve been and thus the OPs thread...
    Would a healthy BO have led us to a Superbowl? Who knows, because he did get severely injured.. a truly sad time in Raiders football. Even more-so as a kid who became a Raider fan at the age of 6-7 in a household full of diehard Jets fans (growing up in row housing in NYC). Man, what couldve been if Bo stayed healthy and that freak hip injury didnt happen vs the Bengals towards the end of the year. Still remember him on the sideline with his kid(s) and being interviewed after the game playing it off like it wasnt that serious. Only to find out through the course of what seemed to be an eternity at that age, that he may and probably wont ever play professional sports again... ugh, just brought back bad memories again. Bo was the man.
    Fantasy and reality are two different things. Fantasy is believing that Bo Jackson was going to be the greatest player to ever live and that the Raiders were going to win countless super bowl with him. Reality is that he was a good football player, but the Raiders were very diffident in two major area or a football team, the quarterback the the head coach. Would Bo Jackson of scored 7 touchdowns against the Bills to beat them....No. Fantasy believes they would have...reality he wouldn't of done much to make that game competitive.

He would have changed that Bill game and with a possible turnover here and there.....I think we would have had them. I guess Im a dreamer but that's my story......and I'm sticking to it. He was THAT good

Quote Originally Posted by DonkeyHater View Post
    He would have changed that Bill game and with a possible turnover here and there.....I think we would have had them. I guess Im a dreamer but that's my story......and I'm sticking to it. He was THAT good
    51-3? a turnover here or there. Anything short of 10 turnover would of been a loss. Who was stopping them from scoring 51 points? Bo Jackson would not have done anything to change the outcome of that game. The Raiders were outclassed and out coached. They were not prepared because Art Shell was an idiot and terrible coach. The defense had no answer for the run and gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    Bo Jackson was the worst injury, but I would have liked to see how far the Raiders could have gone if Carr was not injured three years ago.
    I think we would of beaten the Texans. No chance we would of beaten the Patriots. They would of dropped between 40-50 on us. Brady would have carved up that awful defense.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    51-3? a turnover here or there. Anything short of 10 turnover would of been a loss. Who was stopping them from scoring 51 points? Bo Jackson would not have done anything to change the outcome of that game. The Raiders were outclassed and out coached. They were not prepared because Art Shell was an idiot and terrible coach. The defense had no answer for the run and gun.
    I think in that game, the wind chill
    was like 30 below....