Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Wish he was never a Raider

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    How did DHB set us back as a franchise? We didn't have a winning season for 10 years before we drafted him, he actually ad a decent season for us and then got the concussion in Pittsburgh and that was it for him. And same goes for Carson Palmer. The Carson Palmer trade wasn't ideal and the only reason it was so bad is that Reggie gave him away. If Carson Palme continued to play for us and we made the playoffs 2 or 3 times like he did in Arizona...the trade would have been fine. Or if Reggie would of gotten any compensation for him.
    Because he was ANOTHER extremely wasted draft pick. Had no business being drafted in rd 1, let alone rd 4. And yes we were historically bad for 10 years, but the way you get out of it is by drafting smart and drafting well. Heyward Bey was a terrible receiver and an even worse pick.
    The Carson Palmer debacle was insane at the time... Hue trading away 2 1st rd picks for the guy and what did Palmer bring us? Besides 2 1st rd picks and setting the franchise back another 2 years with those 2 1st picks that couldve brought young TALENT to the Raiders that actually wouldve made the team better... make more sense now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra1derfan53 View Post
    Jamarcus is obviously#1. Javon Walker is 2nd on mine. Dude collected like 20 million from us....and he only caught 15 passes. My 3rd would be Randy Moss. Started ok for us but then clearly quit on the team.
    Great call on Javon Walker. Totally forgot about that waste of space. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Because he was ANOTHER extremely wasted draft pick. Had no business being drafted in rd 1, let alone rd 4. And yes we were historically bad for 10 years, but the way you get out of it is by drafting smart and drafting well. Heyward Bey was a terrible receiver and an even worse pick.
    The Carson Palmer debacle was insane at the time... Hue trading away 2 1st rd picks for the guy and what did Palmer bring us? Besides 2 1st rd picks and setting the franchise back another 2 years with those 2 1st picks that couldve brought young TALENT to the Raiders that actually wouldve made the team better... make more sense now?
    Wrong. Bey was a first rounder going into the draft. Was he a top 10 pick...No. But he was going to go in the first round. Al never traded down in the first round. He had a solid season in 2011 64-975 isn't bad considering the circumstances of campbell getting hurt and Palmer coming in midseason. He finished the season with 400 yards receiving the final 4 games. It looked like he was going to be ok the following season. He got knocked out in week three against the steelers and was never the same. And that draft where he was taken was terrible. more then half the first round was out of the league in 5 years. And Palmer was traded for a 1st and a 2nd round pick. Palmer took the Cardinals to the playoffs three straight years after we traded him. It wasn't a good trade but the Raiders at the time had no Gm and Al just died. You keep saying talent could of been had, sure. Reggie was the GM and who knows what he would of done. Maybe he takes Brandon Weeden. The following year he took Menelik Watson with a2nd round pick. So the talent level remained the same. So how's that for talent.

Yes we gave up a first round pick for him. But he played good football for the Raiders. And the way the Raiders draft picks were going, chances are it would of been a swing and a miss.
    He played good for a year or 2 maybe but you hope 1st round pick plays good for you for 10 years. Problem is we've had too many misses in the draft. I hope that changes.

JaMarcus, DJ Hayden, Robert Gallery

One guy I haven’t seen mentioned was Rickey Dudley. He was always open for the first down or td, but dropped every damn pass.

Roberta Gallery. When he was drafted he was going to be the greatest tackle to ever live. Fans bought into the hype for years. I new something was up when he didn't beat out Sims, who was an average tackle. Fans kept yelling for him to move to his natural position, then and only then wool the be great. It was a disaster. I think it was the Browns game, if someone else remembers the play please help me out. A blitzing safety went one on one with Gallery and ran him right over. On that play I knew he was complete garbage.

Yup looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Wanted Sean Taylor in that draft.

Roberta Gallery. When he was drafted he was going to be the greatest tackle to ever live. Fans bought into the hype for years. I new something was up when he didn't beat out Sims, who was an average tackle. Fans kept yelling for him to move to his natural position, then and only then wool the be great. It was a disaster. I think it was the Browns game, if someone else remembers the play please help me out. A blitzing safety went one on one with Gallery and ran him right over. On that play I knew he was complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Mine is JaMeatloaf. A lot of wasted talent and JaMarshmellow screwed us on the cap for years.
    Definitely! Total waste of the first pick in the draft.

Warren Sapp and Randy Moss really bugged me with just cashing in. Warren Sapp was tooth faced in the media and a slacker while Moss was just useless and cashing in.