Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: OK, How about this.... we can easily self moderate this forum.

  1. #1

    OK, How about this.... we can easily self moderate this forum.

    This seems like a much better idea then getting heavy handed moderators in here banning everyone they don't like like the other forum.
    when someone like PhillyRaider and psly2124 go way to far in personal attacks, and generally ruin every thread with there hate and not discussing the team. We could decide together
    to collectively all put a member on our ignore list for two weeks (which is very easy)
    so if none of us are seeing, reading, and responding to their posts, they are essentially invisible and spinning their wheels for two weeks and its just as good as a temporary ban. Then we can take them off ignore after two weeks and see if they can not continue to fuck up every thread with their bullshit.

    Its a much better solution then moderators over banning people or us having to put up with the constant hate day after day in every thread because they are not able to control their egos.

    Are you guys able to follow through, its very easy to all do it, but if a few people won't do it , it wont work. it would take a little self control to follow through and not lift your ignore just so you can react to their stupid posts. it will actually check your ego as well.

    What do you guys think ? seems like a good compromise to deal with the immature and hateful members.

    to put someone on ignore, you just go up to the top right hand side of site, next to the log out button is the settings button, click on settings, then on the far left column scroll down to
    "Edit Ignore List", click on "Edit Ignore list" then you just type or copy and paste the members name you want to ignore and you are done. We could all decide how long a person is put on this ignore list. but two weeks seems reasonable, and after two weeks if they continue the bullshit we can keep them on ignore collectively. Let me know your thoughts.

  2. #2
    Been following on here for some time now don’t post as much as others but I do think you have a good solution. We are grown men (I think) and it amazes me that some are just plain assholes on here.

  3. #3
    Philly has been on my ignore list but I see his posts when people quote him. I never respond to him when he quotes me and does his attention getting crap.

  4. #4
    Yes good idea.. i think, even expanding on your idea (dont know if it is possible) but members should be able to hit a "flag" button. The button is not for other members to press just because they disagree with anothers thread/post but rather for reasons such as a) continuous fragrant behavior - i.e. attacking another member personally b) a thread about non-Raider nonsense i.e. posting music video links or advertising some B.S. and c) an obvious troll. Some other good reasons may be put as options as well but once (and im just throwing this number out there) say 10 members flag a post for the same "legit" reason, then the poster is banned for 1st offense (2 weeks), 2nd offense (a month), 3rd offense (6 months), and 4th offense is banned for life.
    Dont quote me on time periods of ban, but just throwing out an idea to go along with OPs great idea of "self-moderation".
    Thoughts?
    Last edited by ThePantyRaider; 06-14-2019 at 04:13 PM.

  5. #5
    "HATE HATE HATE" if someone disagrees with you? Bullshit. Suck it up girls...... Good Lord what happened to the REAL RAIDER fans of the 60's and 70's? Some of you should be ashamed for even suggesting some of the above. Get over it

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Yes good idea.. i think, even expanding on your idea (dont know if it is possible) but members should be able to hit a "flag" button. The button is not for other members to press just because they disagree with anothers thread/post but rather for reasons such as a) continuous fragrant behavior - i.e. attacking another member personally b) a thread about non-Raider nonsense i.e. posting music video links or advertising some B.S. and c) an obvious troll. Some other good reasons may be put as options as well but once (and im just throwing this number out there) say 10 members flag a post for the same "legit" reason, then the poster is banned for 1st offense (2 weeks), 2nd offense (a month), 3rd offense (6 months), and 4th offense is banned for life.
    Dont quote me on time periods of ban, but just throwing out an idea to go along with OPs great idea of "self-moderation".
    Thoughts?
    Great Idea, but it appears the BK isn't really that hands on anymore, and when he brought the site back to RFN from scout he didn't appoint any moderators to respond to those flags you mentioned. BK would have to implement an auto fuction that bands someone when a post or member gets 10 flags..
    I do like your idea though. I think a couple of you said you reached out to BK about this in primate message, did BK have a response ?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    "HATE HATE HATE" if someone disagrees with you? Bullshit. Suck it up girls...... Good Lord what happened to the REAL RAIDER fans of the 60's and 70's? Some of you should be ashamed for even suggesting some of the above. Get over it
    dude, give it a rest. you obviously haven't seen the attacks and the vulgar comments. constantly in many threads saying he would kick someones ass, calling people Faggots over and over, and many other unappropriate name calling.. It has nothing to do with people disagreeing with someones opinion, its straight up hate and attacks. So before you open your fucking mouth, why don't you read what we are talking about.

  8. #8
    Its not the fact that anyone disagrees, its when the attacks start such as calling someone a fucking [email protected]#$T and child molestor and stuff like that. Disagreements are ok but personal attacks and some of the language that is used is def not ok. I saw on one thread they started threatening to fight each other ect i mean how old are we seriously.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by xramfan View Post
    "HATE HATE HATE" if someone disagrees with you? Bullshit. Suck it up girls...... Good Lord what happened to the REAL RAIDER fans of the 60's and 70's? Some of you should be ashamed for even suggesting some of the above. Get over it
    Most of them are dead. That was 50 years ago.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Great Idea, but it appears the BK isn't really that hands on anymore, and when he brought the site back to RFN from scout he didn't appoint any moderators to respond to those flags you mentioned. BK would have to implement an auto fuction that bands someone when a post or member gets 10 flags..
    I do like your idea though. I think a couple of you said you reached out to BK about this in primate message, did BK have a response ?
    Thanks. Yes, I am stating that the website automatically bans you for these lengths of time automatically . Yes, once you reach 10 "flags", you are autonatically banned. .
    Basically I am talking about a system that takes a manual entry from a physical mod, and therefore also takes out the emotional aspect of that individual mod..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •