Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: OTA Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    yr 1 if he does 5 or 6 sacks he doing very good,mack yr 1 only had 4 sacks
    Sure, if he does well vs the run, creates opportunities for other linemen and linebackers etc. However, to sum it up, a draft pick's success is relative to where he's drafted in comparison to other players playing a similar position (pass rusher, be it a DE/OLB/DT) in the same draft. If he notches 6 sacks and is average vs run support while players we passed up clearly outperform him in multiple facets of the game, then I'd say he was the wrong pick. This would come down to the men who pulled the trigger picking Ferrell 4th overall (management). Since 15 out of our last 16 seasons have been sub .500, Ferrell doesn't have to hit it out of the park to please most of the fan base (despite the fact that we traded away arguably the best defensive player in all of football last season).

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    However, to sum it up, a draft pick's success is relative to where he's drafted.
    Sorry to truncate your post so much because this part got me. Outside of injury i think 90% of all picks are relative to the team who picks them.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorraider View Post
    sure, if he does well vs the run, creates opportunities for other linemen and linebackers etc. However, to sum it up, a draft pick's success is relative to where he's drafted in comparison to other players playing a similar position (pass rusher, be it a de/olb/dt) in the same draft. If he notches 6 sacks and is average vs run support while players we passed up clearly outperform him in multiple facets of the game, then i'd say he was the wrong pick. This would come down to the men who pulled the trigger picking ferrell 4th overall (management). Since 15 out of our last 16 seasons have been sub .500, ferrell doesn't have to hit it out of the park to please most of the fan base (despite the fact that we traded away arguably the best defensive player in all of football last season).
    always has been great at the edge vs runs outside and inside,i dont see that being any problem at all