Thread: Raiders Stadium Construction Approaches Key Date

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Raiders Stadium Construction Approaches Key Date

The next key date is July 31 of this year when auditors say the steel roof ring needs to be finished to keep the project on schedule. That is because the unique and intricate cable roof will take precision work.

But after overcoming a nearly 2-month delay in steel stadium leaders are confident they can get things done.

Don Webb, chief operating officer of the LV Stadium Co., went on to say he personally feels they will be two weeks behind schedule on the stadium ring construction.

Earlier Webb pointed out they arenít currently working 24/7 on the stadium, something he said they could do in the future to make up time.

Another positive highlighted on Thursday was the Raiders are covering the extra costs on its end for construction including safety and technology through higher than expected personal seat license revenue and ticket sales.

The stadium will host a Super Bowl in the near future. We can only hope the Raiders are a participant.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The stadium will host a Super Bowl in the near future. We can only hope the Raiders are a participant.
    If that happened, I believe that would be the first time in NFL history a team would play the Super Bowl on their home turf.

Am I correct on that?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    If that happened, I believe that would be the first time in NFL history a team would play the Super Bowl on their home turf.

Am I correct on that?
    Correct.

We have had the Niners play down the street at Stanford (home was Candlestick) in 1985. The Rams played at the RoseBowl in 1980(LA Memorial) was home in 1979. I would think both times, the NFL did not think the home stadiums were suitable to host SuperBowls....so the Niners and Rams found alternative more suitable stadiums to host.