Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derek Carr “I’m Going To Be Raiders QB A Long Time”

Definitely agree this is an important year for Carr. That said, even if he doesn't have a great year I don't see Herbert or Tua coming in and tearing it up in the first year. Yes, I think we sign a QB next year but I still think Carr is our guy for the foreseeable future (which I'm fine with).

If he actually thinks that then he's delusional. If he doesn't produce he's as good as gone. Gruden will not wait 3 or 4 years for this guy to get his act together.

He's a special needs QB. Meaning he can't do basic QB things like run a play action because he needs the shotgun and he has a bad habit of panicking when the line isn't on their game.

I'd say he gets this season to prove himself or he's out.

Thanks for posting so I didn't have to! Carr isn’t going anywhere! Great to hear Carr and Chucky for that matter, reiterate what Ive been saying all along. Carr said he’s in constant communication with the owner, GM, and Head Coach. No way Carr makes this proclamation if he didn’t have the backing from the big 3!

Now stop once and for all the horse manure talk about Carr being replaced. He isn’t going anywhere! Carr is our unquestioned leader and one of the best in the game!

Now please issue Carr and the board one last apology, if u were at anytime, pounding the Carr will be gone drum over the last year. And let it go! It aint happening!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

Good! Im glad he said that. I agree 100% Im not worried about Carr. He will do his job. Elite at that.
    Our season rides on this Defense. Are they gona stop fucking around

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Anything short of 2016 will see Justin Herbert in a Raider uniform.
    Hebert isn't good. A taller Marriota.

Was glad to hear DC speak up for himself and back up what so many fans and media STILL contradict. Carr is respected by his teammates and other players in the league. How many people need to say it? KO said it, Gruden, AB came on this chemistry with Carr...

Only one thing will fix this and that is winning. Put up 4K yards and a winning record with a wildcard shot at playoffs and this year will be successful for Carr.

I'm mostly concerned with injuries. People talk about him not stepping up into the pocket, but watching the highlights of last season, RARELY did I ever see a deep pocket. Our entire O line was getting mauled. Did Gruden fix it? I don't think so. We'll have to see but the pressure was coming up the middle. Which is why I presume Carr was always in shot gun.
    In a presser Gruden said that most of the QB's he talked to said pressure up the middle was what they feared most. He didn't do anything about it. If anything on paper the 3 inside OL look weaker than the past few years. 2 OT's remain to be seen.
    This offense will need more than 4 yard dump off passes from shot gun to compete.

The interior of the OL was more than adequate. Carr was getting smashed due to our Tackles getting whupped.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    The interior of the OL was more than adequate. Carr was getting smashed due to our Tackles getting whupped.
    Get it. I wasn't talking about sacks or pressure. Just the pocket in general.