Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent Brown

Trent Brown

Good day to you Nation! Much has been said about the Trent Brown signing with the Raiders. Many of the wannabe experts in the national sports media said, We overpaid, He's Nate Solder Part 2, and why would we pay that type of coin to a player playing on the right side of the line and not the left side?

First off, the Pats success down the stretch run and into the playoffs came from the defense and the running game, not Tom Brady. The line was anchored by Trent Brown who was absolutely mauling people!

People assume that the other teams pass rushers are always coming from the QB's blindside. This simply is not always the case. Von Miller lines up on the right side most of the time, and this is where Trent Brown will be playing.

Speaking of Von Miller, I will take his word on Trent Brown's playing ability, more so than most of these guys in the national media who have never played professional football before, or even any type of football on any level for that matter!

https://www.ninersnation.com/2016/9/...tackles-in-nfl

Notice how the article was written about Trent Brown as the RT, and not the LT?

Furthermore, Trent Brown is yet another example on why day three of the draft matters! I keep hearing many sports fans say things like 'they don't care about 7th rounders'. Well they should!

Did you know? Trent Brown was drafted by the 49ers with the 244th pick in round 7 of the 2015 NFL draft!

Every year there are 'diamonds in the rough' and 'hidden gems' all through out the draft and beyond! Early thoughts are Chucky and Mike Mayock may have found a few more!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

he's coming off a great season with perennial winners stacked with good players to joining bottom feeders missing out on even half decent players at certain positions.
    as long as teams agree to not attack the horrifically weak left side of the line or force us to punt we could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieinblack View Post
    as long as teams agree to not attack the horrifically weak left side of the line or force us to punt we could be good.
    Oh trust me they will. If a team is any good, they will attack your weakness. Wherever it is.

trents gonna help upgrade our tackle position big time either way,will be a stud imo

I'm curious as to Miller's improvement based off his hard work this past off season.

If he does not improve they can always flip tackle positions.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    I'm curious as to Miller's improvement based off his hard work this past off season.

either miller or parker improves,one of em will get the posiition and trent is versatile and can play both sides giving us options as well

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post

I think that will be the approach. Give Miller the chance to earn that LT job they want him to have and if it doesn't work, flip the two.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    either miller or parker improves,one of em will get the posiition and trent is versatile and can play both sides giving us options as well
    There are no options. For what the Raiders paid Brown, given that Carr is a right handed QB, his blind side is on the left. It should be obvious that either Brown is the clear cut starter at LT or the Raiders grossly overpaid for a RT.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    There are no options. For what the Raiders paid Brown, given that Carr is a right handed QB, his blind side is on the left. It should be obvious that either Brown is the clear cut starter at LT or the Raiders grossly overpaid for a RT.
    either miller/parker take the next step or trent gets moved to lt and both m/p move to right either way we improved at tackle

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I think that will be the approach. Give Miller the chance to earn that LT job they want him to have and if it doesn't work, flip the two.
    I'm all for earning the job. Just like for what the Raiders paid AB, he should also have to earn the job.