Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: gerald mccoy released

It looks like Tampa Bay is on the verge of signing Suh.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    It looks like Tampa Bay is on the verge of signing Suh.
    Guess teams will be waiting on that deal to gage what McCoy will be asking.

We should be looking Suh first, McCoy second.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I would love to kick the tires at least and see what he's looking for on a contract. If it's reasonable and team friendly enough why wouldn't we?
    Given the cap space we have remaining as well as the other offers McCoy will likely receive from teams who have a bigger need at DT, what would you consider to be a "team friendly" deal that McCoy may realistically consider signing?

This Raiders team is at a point where the majority of the foundation has been set for the coming season, and it's now time to fill gaps. It would be wise to sign players based on the marginal utility they'd add to the position (factoring in cost) which is tied directly to who we currently have pegged in at that position.

*ESTIMATES, EXAMPLES, NOTHING CONCRETE*

1.25 Would be considered "average"

DT - Overall rating: 6.75/10

Hurst: 2/2.5
    Hankins: 1.75/2.5
    Ellis: 1.5/2.5
    Hall: 1.5/2.5

Sign McCoy, trade Ellis net gain: Losing Ellis (6.75 - 1.5 = 5.25) and Adding McCoy (5.25 + 2.25 = 7.5); Net Gain (7.5 - 6.75) = 0.75

Ellis: $4.5 million salary for 2019
    McCoy: $9 million (Similar to Tyrone Crawford, Damon Harrison, Denico Autry)

Net additional expenditure: $4.5 million (yielding a + 0.75 increase in marginal utility)

DE - Overall rating: 5/10

Clelin Ferrell: 1.75/2.5 (based on being the #4 overall pick)
    Arden Key: 1/2.5 (1 sack, however many hurries, he's not an average DE yet, which is why I gave him a 1/2.5)
    Benson Mayowa: 1.25/2.5
    Max Crosby: 1/2.5

Sign a DE or two before spending any additional funds on any other position aside from LG/LB
    Last edited by DoctorRaider; 05-21-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Suh is a Buc...

McCoy will probably end up on the Pats or the Donks. The Raiders should look at signing him. The DT position could use some help. I’m not a “Rollerskates” Ellis fan, and I don’t think PJ Hall is “explosive as Aaron Donald” like one certain moron does... He could actually be very beneficial to this team. Haven’t seen anything linking him to the Raiders at all

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Suh is a Buc...
    They mention Florida's lack of state tax as a factor. Next year the Raiders will have that advantage.

They mention Florida's lack of state tax as a factor. Next year the Raiders will have that advantage.
    the almight dollar comes into play always cause agents like more money for the client and more money in their own pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    McCoy will probably end up on the Pats or the Donks. The Raiders should look at signing him. The DT position could use some help. I’m not a “Rollerskates” Ellis fan, and I don’t think PJ Hall is “explosive as Aaron Donald” like one certain moron does... He could actually be very beneficial to this team. Haven’t seen anything linking him to the Raiders at all
    i can see the pats signing him plus mccoy will be looking for a ring like suh did last yr

That will be huge going forward.