Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: gerald mccoy released

gerald mccoy released

Adam Schefter
    ‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
    34m34 minutes ago

Buccaneers are releasing six-time Pro-Bowl DT Gerald McCoy, who was due to make $13 million this season, as @NFLSTROUD reported

Ya just saw this would be a pretty big upgrade if he would be willing to take a paycut

Pass....No where near what he was.
    Fu#k The Rest

It all depends on price. Would be nice to get a mentor for Ferrell to learn from but it would have to be at a team friendly deal. I'm guessing others will be willing to pay more.

He's 31. Probably still has some gas in the tank. If I thought the Raiders were a couple players away from a title, I'd consider it but wouldn't be surprised if he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    He's 31. Probably still has some gas in the tank. If I thought the Raiders were a couple players away from a title, I'd consider it but wouldn't be surprised if he retires.
    I can see a playoff team bring him in.

His last 3 seasons (2016-2018): 19 sacks, 15 stuffs, 109 tackles, 44 games

3 seasons prior to 2016 (2013-2015): 26.5 sacks, 14 stuffs, 119 tackles, 44 games

2016 was the only season TB was above .500 (9-7), so his sack numbers are pretty impressive considering he probably didn't see an overwhelming number of opportunities to rush the the opposing team's passer full-throttle (teams probably ran the ball more/played it safe to protect their lead). With that said, if we hadn't signed Hankins I'd be all for bringing him in, but with Hankins, Hurst, Hall, Ellis all under contract, money needs to be shunted to signing a DE, LG, and possibly a LB.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Why the hell would he retire ?

Unless he's physically or mentally shot, the guy is looking at several seasons to go which will probably net him double digit millions.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    His last 3 seasons (2016-2018): 19 sacks, 15 stuffs, 109 tackles, 44 games

3 seasons prior to 2016 (2013-2015): 26.5 sacks, 14 stuffs, 119 tackles, 44 games

2016 was the only season TB was above .500 (9-7), so his sack numbers are pretty impressive considering he probably didn't see an overwhelming number of opportunities to rush the the opposing team's passer full-throttle (teams probably ran the ball more/played it safe to protect their lead). With that said, if we hadn't signed Hankins I'd be all for bringing him in, but with Hankins, Hurst, Hall, Ellis all under contract, money needs to be shunted to signing a DE, LG, and possibly a LB.
    id trade off ellis and replace him with mccoy,hurst would benefit big time lined up with mccoy next to him,would also help pj hall learn to play the nt position and also break the double teams,we would also have one helluva rotation at dt with 3 of em able to pass rush with only hankins as a run stuffer

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Why the hell would he retire ?

Unless he's physically or mentally shot, the guy is looking at several seasons to go which will probably net him double digit millions.
    mccoy and retirement dont go together,dude has collected over 100 million in earning so far but he's looking to get paid still