Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting fact I just learnered

Interesting fact I just learnered

Watching the latest Raider 1967 video of the new stadium, the narrator stated the Raiders were going to play on grass as we all know, but that UNLV would be playing on artificial turf. I didn't know that. I was concerned about the grass getting beat up on Saturdays, now its not an issue. Curious as to how they engineer this switch.

I would think that the grass would be brought in after the UNLV game and taken out after the Raider game was over. The grass would die quickly in the Vegas sun.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I would think that the grass would be brought in after the UNLV game and taken out after the Raider game was over. The grass would die quickly in the Vegas sun.
    i thought the field was automated and rotated in and out,like at staples center where the floor slides under the arena for basketball and hockey and concerts

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i thought the field was automated and rotated in and out,like at staples center where the floor slides under the arena for basketball and hockey and concerts
    The grass will be on a "field tray" that rolls in and out as needed. It will be outside most of the year and I'm sure it will be well watered and fertilized. They do the same thing in Arizona.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkr View Post
    The grass will be on a "field tray" that rolls in and out as needed. It will be outside most of the year and I'm sure it will be well watered and fertilized. They do the same thing in Arizona.
    Exactly and underneath the field tray there will be the turf for UNLV that stays in place.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Exactly and underneath the field tray there will be the turf for UNLV that stays in place.
    It will be so nice to have a clean field with no baseball diamond.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    It will be so nice to have a clean field with no baseball diamond.
    I think they are going to put in a baseball diamond to make sure the Raiders feel at home.
    J/K

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I think they are going to put in a baseball diamond to make sure the Raiders feel at home.
    J/K
    what little league,college,double a farm team,lol

J/K
    Just to psych the other kicker...

J/K
    Don't forget the raw sewage.