Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Kentucky LB Josh Allen Wasn’t The Raiders Pick At 4

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Why Kentucky LB Josh Allen Wasn’t The Raiders Pick At 4

i said early on that the raiders were not high on josh allen because they saw him as an off ball lb that could pass rush if needed,brian burns was too small and needed time to add weight and strength,sweat was red tagged...that left only ferrell at edge with bosa gone and Q at #3,we got our guy

I’m hella happy with Ferrell

Exactly what I said about Allen. If a tackle put his hands on him they play was over.

Yeah picking him would have equaled to disregard the scheme totaly and draft someone who starts as a situational pass rusher.. He would have been a better version of Arden Key essentialy.

They went for the need of a 3 downs DE who can both stop the run and pass rush. People put so much stock in pass rush ability and forget all the rest its silly.. If we cant stop the run we cant rush the passer anyway. I think its a smart tradeoff for a guy who will bring the leadership he has.

Because he's a 3-4 end and we are a 4-3 team?
    Follow me on Twitter: BobCarrNFL
    Follow me on Instagram: BobCarrNFL

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    Because he's a 3-4 end and we are a 4-3 team?
    I would say more like 3-4 OLB but your point stands, not a great fit for us.

Mack was a 3-4 OLB and transitioned well. Allen isn't nearly as strong as him but he could develop into a 4-3 end just fine. You never know.

Jags DC just said Allen was drafted by them to play DE, not linebacker.

https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/statu...03174908993536

Obviously if Guenther thought he could be a 4-3 DE we would have taken him instead of Ferrell so it will be interesting to see how this experiment works out in JAX since Allen never really played DE in college.

jags have a huge hole at lb,so don't be surprised if he plays lb,their starting de is holding out of ota's

Yannick Ngakoue DL, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Jaguars walk-year DE Yannick Ngakoue is not participating in OTAs this week.

Ngakoue has been in and out of offseason work as he heads into the final year of his rookie contract. Only 24 and with 29.5 career sacks to his name, Ngakoue should be looking for DeMarcus Lawrence money on his next deal.

Josh Allen DL, Jacksonville Jaguars
    Jaguars DC Todd Wash said No. 7 overall pick Josh Allen was drafted to play defensive end.

There had been some speculation Allen would end up at linebacker, where the Jaguars have a big need following Telvin Smith's decision to not play in 2019, but he is at his best as a pass rusher. It appears as if that is where the Jaguars will use him