Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Whitehead was rated to #25 LB out of I think 96 Qualifiers per PFF in all the NFL in the 2nd half of last season. look it up. #trust
    I think you're referring to:

"One player that should be included in the “second-half” stars discussion is linebacker Tahir Whitehead. According to Pro Football Focus, Whitehead looked like a different player in the second half of the season, grading out as the 25th-ranked linebacker in the NFL as opposed to No. 91 in the first half of the season."

His best season was 2016, with 2018 being his second best season. He pretty much did what was expected; offered excellent run support, durability, and was a liability on passing downs, similar to Marquel Lee. However, Whitehead will be 30 years old next year.

"After the Raiders’ 34-3 loss to the 49ers on Nov. 1, Pro Football Focus reported that Whitehead to that point had allowed a perfect passer rating when targeted in coverage, allowing 23 catches on 26 targets with seven touchdowns. Entering Week 16 of the season, Whitehead’s passer rating allowed of 149.3 was the highest of any linebacker with 100-plus coverage snaps, per PFF."

We were the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL, so I think it's safe to assume that our absolute best players on the defensive side of the ball (not talking about rookies/2nd year players since they haven't peaked) were mediocre at best. I like Whitehead, and I think he's a solid player to have as depth on a good football team. We've just been losing for so damn long now, that our standards have gone out the window. The linebacker situation needs to be addressed next season (feel like I've been saying this for 5 years now).

Games Def Interceptions Fumbles Tackles
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Sk Comb Solo Ast TFL QBHits Sfty AV
    2012 22 DET 59 14 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
    2013 23 DET 59 16 0 1 0 0 0 0 9 7 2 0 0 1
    2014 24 DET 59 16 15 2 2 0 2 5 91 70 21 4 2 8
    2015 25 DET 59 16 9 1 26 0 26 6 0 0 1 0 0 2.0 47 36 11 7 4 4
    2016 26 DET 59 15 15 0 0 0 0 5 132 99 33 3 0 7
    2017 27 DET 59 16 16 1 18 0 18 2 0 0 4 9 0 1.0 110 78 32 9 4 8
    2018 28 OAK 59 16 16 1 0 0 0 5 1 0 0 0 0 126 89 37 9 1

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post

"After the Raiders’ 34-3 loss to the 49ers on Nov. 1, Pro Football Focus reported that Whitehead to that point had allowed a perfect passer rating when targeted in coverage, allowing 23 catches on 26 targets with seven touchdowns. Entering Week 16 of the season, Whitehead’s passer rating allowed of 149.3 was the highest of any linebacker with 100-plus coverage snaps, per PFF."

[/B]
    Holy sh!!!!!!!
    This info is eye popping on Whitehead. Here’s to “hoping” that Guenther dials up a good LB rotation this year to avoid this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Karl Joseph will be playing LB in the dime. He can cover a TE as long as he knows where he'd supposed to be.
    karl joseph can't cover but joiner can

Could have had T. Edmunds last year, and Devin White this year...
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Could have had T. Edmunds last year, and Devin White this year...
    i was on the edmunds train last yr

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    Holy sh!!!!!!!
    This info is eye popping on Whitehead. Here’s to “hoping” that Guenther dials up a good LB rotation this year to avoid this sort of thing.
    Exactly, and this is just the player that Whitehead is. He's a very good situational type player who should only be part of a base 4-3 on early downs, nothing beyond that. Burfict was poor in coverage last season as well, so let's hope Marshall can remain healthy considering coverage skills were his greatest asset when he was at his best.

CB depth

Conley
    Worley
    Lawson
    Mullen
    Nelson

S depth

Joyner
    Riley (don't sleep on him, he could be on the field quite a bit)
    Joseph
    Harris
    Abrams

So, is this just a hunch of yours? I'd rather have Gilchrist back.

Exactly, and this is just the player that Whitehead is. He's a very good situational type player who should only be part of a base 4-3 on early downs, nothing beyond that. Burfict was poor in coverage last season as well, so let's hope Marshall can remain healthy considering coverage skills were his greatest asset when he was at his best.

CB depth

Conley
    Worley
    Lawson
    Mullen
    Nelson

S depth

Joyner
    Joseph
    Harris
    Abrams
    why bother even trying to cover with a lb just bring in joiner to cover em,hell we got a couple of big corners mullen/johnson whom can come in on passing downs to cover te's too

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    why bother even trying to cover with a lb just bring in joiner to cover em,hell we got a couple of big corners mullen/johnson whom can come in on passing downs to cover te's too
    ECACTLY. That's why I said we will be in dime packages more this year. I can easily see 6 DB in this pass happy league. Of course that means we will get more penalties......