Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 draft thoughts?

2020 draft thoughts?

Good day to you Nation! In the last week I've seen Mel Kiper's '2020 Big Board', listing his top 25 draft prospects for 2020! Alabama had six players on this list. I even saw Todd McShay's 'way too early 2020 NFL Mock draft' and he had the Raiders taking the Oregon QB at #5. We are only a couple of weeks out of the 2019 NFL draft, when many said, including Todd McShay, that we would either release, trade, or draft a QB to replace Derek Carr and none of it happened!

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...not-derek-carr

So McShay is already doubling down. IMO, we will not be taking a QB with a high pick next year, and probably won't be drafting one at all. Carr is the franchise, and in his prime. Carr should be with us for the next 10 plus years!

The only way we draft in the top 5 is if we get hosed by the refs and suffer major injury that no team could recover from. Many have said we are the most improved team this year, post FA and post draft. Many including Kiper have said we will win the division next year! This simply doesn't translate to a top 5 pick, or drafting a QB that high for that matter.

Since we are on the topic, here is a quick nugget on my thoughts on the 2020 NFL draft!

Expect the Bears pick to be much higher than the 27th pick that it netted us this year. And with a break or two, possibly get us into the top 10, if not, top 15 range. And here's why!

Last year the Bears played a last place schedule having finished 5-11 in 2017. This year they will play a first place schedule, having finished 12-4 last season. Advantage Raiders!

In FA, the Bears simply put, did not get better as a football team. In fact they took a step backwards. Losing half their starting secondary as well as defensive MVP in Vic Fangio, had to hurt. Take a look for yourself at the net losses and gains for the Bears and you will see they definitely didn't get better. Advantage Raiders!

https://www.chicagobears.com/team/free-agent-tracker

The rest of the division got better, both in the draft and in FA! Advantage Raiders!

The Bears draft for a lack of a better word was a 'snoozer'. They had 5 total picks with 2 of the 5 picks coming in round 7. Their highest draft pick was pick #73. The Bears draft shouldn't help them much at all next season. Advantage Raiders!

http://www.espn.com/blog/chicago-bea...for-every-pick

The Raiders armed with two first rounders next year, will give Mayock and Chucky the ammo they need to go get us another A++++ draft, especially with the Bears pick having a really good chance of giving us a much higher pick than last year!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

I think we will have an A+++ 2020 draft. We will have a very late pick since the Carr who is the best QB in the history of the Raiders franchise will be the MVP and have an A+++ year. Multiple super bowls start now! In Reggie we trust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elshagon View Post
    I think we will have an A+++ 2020 draft. We will have a very late pick since the Carr who is the best QB in the history of the Raiders franchise will be the MVP and have an A+++ year. Multiple super bowls start now! In Reggie we trust!!!
    A++++ response right here folks!

let's wait and see how bad we Suck before we start thinking about the 2020 draft...Please!!!!

With one of the toughest schedules and the road trip from hell it will be a challenging season.

If Gruden can get an
    8-8 record out of this season
    I would be happy....

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    let's wait and see how bad we Suck before we start thinking about the 2020 draft...Please!!!!
    How can you not wait? It's always fun to watch college games and try to figure out who you'd like on your team, but until we get a clearer glimpse of where we might be drafting, and dissecting every little problem as each game progresses, there is no way to know who is declaring early or who will be there when we pick.
    However after pre season and a couple games we should have a good idea what positions we need help with.
    Right now as I see it based on what little I know about position quality in the 2020 draft, we will need to draft:
    O Line (Guard and/or Center)
    QB (back up for Carr - potential starter?)
    MLB (as per usual)
    TE (multi dimensional)
    DT (missed a few in later rounds in this draft)
    *** Overall, figure out what the defense is doing do at least they know***

Not in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    A++++ response right here folks!

Reggie is doing a awsome job with the rebuild of this team..I feel so fortunate as a raider fan to have reggie..Reggie has done such great things with our raiders...
    Fu#k The Rest

Quote Originally Posted by Garner25 View Post
    Reggie is doing a awsome job with the rebuild of this team..I feel so fortunate as a raider fan to have reggie..Reggie has done such great things with our raiders...
    Probably the best post I’ve seen you’ve made here. I couldn’t agree more!

FIB is actually Reggie McKenzie on a burner account lol