Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clelin Ferrell

Clelin Ferrell

Good day to you Nation! Much has been made about the Ferrell pick at #4 by the so called experts. Many have said he was 'over drafted', and 'the value' just wasn't there. I also heard his ceiling was only 6-10 sacks per year. My question to all these people with these opinions are 'How the heck do you know'?

I don't know how you can 'over draft' or you don't see 'the value' in drafting a team captain, 2 time National Champion, 2 time all-american, the Ted Hendricks award winner for the nations best DE, a kid with great character, work ethic, productivity, all the while as being looked at as a team leader for the best team in college football.

For argument sake, let's say he only nets 6-10 sacks per year as a pro. Would you trade all that I just wrote for a guy who can get you 13-16 sacks per year, but is not a leader, gets into trouble, and is a locker room problem? I know I sure wouldn't!

Let's let Ferrell play an actual season, before anyone puts a ceiling on him for what he can or can not do. JJ Watt was drafted #11. Do you think teams in front of him would like a do over? Or how about Ray Lewis drafted at #26? I could name countless number of guys who were thought to be over drafted or under drafted.

In terms of what we do know, Ferrell has so many variables going in his favor, that it would be hard to think this guy isn't going to be a great pro, on and off the field!

Great pick by Chucky and Mike Mayock IMO! Stage 5 grades are coming soon!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!
    Last edited by F.I.B. Savior; 05-17-2019 at 12:12 AM.

i agree ferrell is proto typical 4/3 defensive end already weighing in at 278 lbs currently,quick first step and explosive toward the qb also sets a solid edge against the run as well,clelin ferrell has no question marks and is a perfect fit for the raiders

Whoooweeeeeeeee. Stage 5 grades..

Go see Avengers End Game or wait for Stage 5 grades to come in? This is why the US Treasury made quarters in the first place.

Around 10 sacks a year I will be very happy. Like the OP said if you add on all the rest he brings, his play against the run, etc...

And think about it… If he doesnt become a super star but just short of that, perhaps he will be easier to keep long term on a 2nd and 3rd contract.

Don’t really care about the sacks
    that much; as long he getting
    pressure on the QB and forcing the
    QB to be aware of him....really need
    him to play a season and see what
    we got here....

Clelin Ferrell had a great perfomance @ national title game.

Ferrell is a 4-3 DE that fits Guenther's defense. Far cry from what we had last year, Bruce Irvin, converted LB, and Arden Key. Both do not have the tools that Ferrell have. This was a major need this offseason we addressed it. A 4-3 3 down DE. Mayock had him rated the 2nd best 4-3 DE behind Bosa. In addition he's a plug and play player, no need to wait for him to develop and pick up experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Ferrell is a 4-3 DE that fits Guenther's defense. Far cry from what we had last year, Bruce Irvin, converted LB, and Arden Key. Both do not have the tools that Ferrell have. This was a major need this offseason we addressed it. A 4-3 3 down DE. Mayock had him rated the 2nd best 4-3 DE behind Bosa. In addition he's a plug and play player, no need to wait for him to develop and pick up experience.
    exactly,all pundits wanted us to grab josh allen but the kid was under sized and more of an off ball linebacker then 4/3 end,sweat had question marks on health,burns was too small but explosive ala keys

In the clips I've seen he kinda looks a little slow launching after the snap. Or maybe it's just not elite speed compared to the athletic freaks like Allen or other guys had. Can't wait to see him get some playing time in the preseason

Ferell is going to be a total bust.