Thread: Vegas Stadium 44% Complete Says Raiders Rep

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar

Vegas Stadium 44% Complete Says Raiders Rep

Just finished reading that article. Came over here to post it lol. Still got 56% to go and they say there still on schedule for opening day....crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Just finished reading that article. Came over here to post it lol. Still got 56% to go and they say there still on schedule for opening day....crazy!
    They have over a year to go. I think it will be ready.

Don't know if I posted it here before. But my dad bought season tickets for opening season. And during the summer the last two years all the season ticket holders got to be on a conference call (probably split up into groups) with John Gruden and McKenzie/Mayock to ask questions about the team. I think he even got invited to go on a hard hat tour of the stadium progress this year.

Great video right here

What happens in a project like this is the more you progress, the more working surface you create. Then you add workers to increase the speed of the build. You also have incremently more features you can work on in parallel; electricity, piping, seating, the grass tray, the 2 mega doors they will have (end opening in front of the torch and grass tray gate), the roof...

At its peak the stadium may have as many workers on site as its fans capacity! JK but you get it. The collaboration between everybody involded has been awesome from what I know. From government, the Raiders, UNLV, Mortensen-McCarty who does the emgineering and project management, the numerous contractors Im confident it will get done on time. Seeing something like that getting built for the Raiders really gets me juiced.

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    What happens in a project like this is the more you progress, the more working surface you create. Then you add workers to increase the speed of the build. You also have incremently more features you can work on in parallel; electricity, piping, seating, the grass tray, the 2 mega doors they will have (end opening in front of the torch and grass tray gate), the roof...

At its peak the stadium may have as many workers on site as its fans capacity! JK but you get it. The collaboration between everybody involded has been awesome from what I know. From government, the Raiders, UNLV, Mortensen-McCarty who does the emgineering and project management, the numerous contractors Im confident it will get done on time. Seeing something like that getting built for the Raiders really gets me juiced.
    Exactly, once the infrastructure and foundational pieces are built more and more can happen at the same time. Progress speeds up.

The roof trusses are moving fast. Once the roof is closed up this will move very fast, like those who stated above.

15 months should be plenty of time