Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: All DC ever throws are check downs?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I think he has the mobility to avoid pressure, buy a few more seconds, he just doesn't do as much as he should. Learning from his brother, he just kills the play. He's a big play QB, if you earn a few seconds, who knows, what can develop. That KC game here back in 2017 on the game winning drive, he threw a completion 50 yards on a frozen rope. The kid has a gun, he just needs to learn to keep plays alive.
    The arm talent is there. The rest of the abilities that are possessed by upper echelon QBs ? Not so much.

    Ability to extend plays. Ability to move within the pocket. Ability to handle pressure. Scramble for a first down. Ball security.

    This topic has been beaten to death.

    After watching DC for 4 years, I think I have a pretty good handle of what he can and can't do.

    He needs to elevate his game. I'm not optimistic that he will.

  2. #12
    Read somewhere where Carr had 2.55 seconds ro throw and that was tied for last with Pittsburgh. If the oline is allowing the least amount of time in the league then how can anyone expect him to have pro bowl stats? In that same article he wasn't even in the top 15 on deep throws with 20+ attempts.
    If he can get Drew Brees kind of time we'll find out what kind of QB he is. The online will make or break Carr. He has the offensive weapons but if teams can T-off on the offensive line and get to the qb with a four man rush in 2.55 seconds then Carr can't throw deep. If he can get closer to 3 seconds we will be a different team.
    Grudens last stint here he had similar issues until he got some veterans around Gannon and ran the west coast offense with garner. Gannon threw short and medium all the time and would catch them with the pump fake and air it out. It's how Gruden beat him in the superbowl, he knew the pump fake routine and coached his guys on how to read it.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    A very popular proclamation made by many on this board this past year. Furthermore, the notion DC canít throw deep was stated here time and time again.

    Were you one of them?

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/justblo...er-by-pff/amp/

    Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!
    Hey asshole can u ever start a thread where you dont down people who disagree with you...Theres alot of dum shit idiots that post on here..Are you one of them?
    Fu#k The Rest

  4. #14
    Let's cut the BS about "poor o-line play". I put up a detailed statistical analysis in regards to Carr and his penchant for short passes. All the Carr apologists went silent after that or came back with "let's give him another year". He threw short even when the pocket was clean, and when his WR's created league average separation, not an opinion, a FACT.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    The arm talent is there. The rest of the abilities that are possessed by upper echelon QBs ? Not so much.

    Ability to extend plays. Ability to move within the pocket. Ability to handle pressure. Scramble for a first down. Ball security.

    This topic has been beaten to death.

    After watching DC for 4 years, I think I have a pretty good handle of what he can and can't do.

    He needs to elevate his game. I'm not optimistic that he will.
    Well another 4-12 year, gets us into the top 5 and with 2 QBs in Tua and Herbert, we should be in position to get one.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Let's cut the BS about "poor o-line play". I put up a detailed statistical analysis in regards to Carr and his penchant for short passes. All the Carr apologists went silent after that or came back with "let's give him another year". He threw short even when the pocket was clean, and when his WR's created league average separation, not an opinion, a FACT.
    Why are you wasting your time as a Doctor? Youíve clearly missed your calling as an Analytics expert/QB guru. All of us Carr apologists beg your forgiveness....

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    Why are you wasting your time as a Doctor? You’ve clearly missed your calling as an Analytics expert/QB guru. All of us Carr apologists beg your forgiveness....
    LOL.... ain't that the truth. Everyone posting here is posting their opinion and we all know opinion's are like assholes... everyone has one. :-)

  8. #18
    https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

    facts and only facts,compare big ben to derek carr stat for stat

    i want to point out a few stats that stand out to me

    time to throw 2.55 sec for both big ben and carr
    comp air yds big ben was lower at 4.8 yds a pass vs carr 4.9
    intended air yds big ben was at 7.7 vs derek carr at 6.7
    air yds differential big ben -2.9 vs derek carr - 1.8
    aggressiveness is one area big ben beats carr on 16.7% vs 13.2% but with the additions of a.b and twill this should become closer
    rating big ben 96.5 vs 93.9
    comp % big ben 67 vs derek carr 68.9

    i think there is a very good chance that carr is neck n neck with big ben next yr stats wise
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 05-14-2019 at 02:09 PM.

  9. #19
    This dispute is still unresolved. After all this investment around Carr and all the talk about how he would be traded and Gruden wanted another guy, there’s only one thing left to say:

    NO MORE EXCUSES. Time for Carr and Gruden and all of em to WIN. Idgaf how, just WIN.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    This dispute is still unresolved. After all this investment around Carr and all the talk about how he would be traded and Gruden wanted another guy, thereís only one thing left to say:

    NO MORE EXCUSES. Time for Carr and Gruden and all of em to WIN. Idgaf how, just WIN.
    Iím definitely OK with this. Carr needs to get going. Iíd say the folks that kept saying Reggie just needed more time after 8 years were in the same boat. I think Carr is gonna prove all of the board ďexpertsĒ wrong, but if he doesnít, itís time to move on....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •