Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Tafur: Raiders Still Looking For Arden Key To Add Weight

  1. #1

    Tafur: Raiders Still Looking For Arden Key To Add Weight

    https://www.raidersbeat.com/tafur-ra...to-add-weight/

    Tafur: Raiders Still Looking For Arden Key To Add Weight
    Posted: May 14th, 2019 | Author: RaidersBeat.com

    Key may have been a little better last year than his stats would say, but he lacked strength and it doesnít sound like thatís been addressed as of now. Given the responsibilities that come with being a three-down defensive end in Guentherís system, there is no guarantee Key will be more than a situational rusher this year.

  2. #2
    kebab meat, chips and mayo did it for me

  3. #3
    Maybe he doesnt have it in him to be a 3 down DE in a 4-3 defense. I dont know only time will tell.

    He had a kid this winter and from Following his twitter feed, gosh that guy doesnt have his head screwed on straight. He is what you could call an emotionaly unstable person. I can say without reserve he went through a lot of stress this offseason. I hope its gotten better and he can use the little time left to get ready, but I wont hold my breath.

    I think if we had to play today, no choice but to start Benson Mayowa and have Key sub on 3rd down.

    4 months from now is Maxx Crosby ready? Quiton Bell? One thing is for sure that 2nd DE starter role is not secured as of now.

  4. #4
    There must be a FA DE/Edge out there worth poking at.

  5. #5
    Shane Ray is still out there but we already had him in for a look and they passed. Nick Perry is still a FA but he's not a great fit as a 4-3 DE.

    Slim pickens.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Maybe he doesnt have it in him to be a 3 down DE in a 4-3 defense. I dont know only time will tell.

    He had a kid this winter and from Following his twitter feed, gosh that guy doesnt have his head screwed on straight. He is what you could call an emotionaly unstable person. I can say without reserve he went through a lot of stress this offseason. I hope its gotten better and he can use the little time left to get ready, but I wont hold my breath.

    I think if we had to play today, no choice but to start Benson Mayowa and have Key sub on 3rd down.

    4 months from now is Maxx Crosby ready? Quiton Bell? One thing is for sure that 2nd DE starter role is not secured as of now.
    Key's going to be a situational guy for us at best, with Mayowa in house, no way even last year Key wins a De job over Mayowa. Key is going to be battling Crosby for that pass rush job. Bell given his experience probably will be stashed somewhere for a season.

  7. #7
    PJ Hall played some DE in college, maybe he can slide outside if needed....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    PJ Hall played some DE in college, maybe he can slide outside if needed....
    pj hall is a small,explosive dt not de

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    PJ Hall played some DE in college, maybe he can slide outside if needed....
    He's staying inside.

    Ferrell, Mayowa, Key, Mauro, Crosby will probably be the likely depth chart at DE this year.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    Shane Ray is still out there but we already had him in for a look and they passed. Nick Perry is still a FA but he's not a great fit as a 4-3 DE.

    Slim pickens.
    We can get him for 6 games?

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...-to-sign-soon/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •