Thread: Pff day 3 picks add promise to raiders draft

Nice article. Thanks for the share.

Quote Originally Posted by thepantyraider View Post
    nice article. Thanks for the share.
    cool.i think we got some nice gems in this draft that can propel us into a bright future

I was pissed we passed on Joe Jackson in the 4th ( went to Cowboys in 5th) ... But I do like Crosby’s upside . Just think Jackson is more physically ready now.

Johnson also has huge upside. Can sit behind a Vet , watch and learn . Get his feet wet on special teams as a gunner.

I like Renfrow a lot but I think we should have went after Johnson from Fresno St- Arizona got him at the top of the 5th I think - will be a damn good player imo

A ton of good receivers went undrafted or went late... really liked
    Dortch from Wake who went undrafted (shocked) and signed with Jets... kid is a player . Also Morgan from Nebraska who has a ton of talent . The Texas Tech WR also went undrafted ... crazy

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post

I like Renfrow a lot but I think we should have went after Johnson from Fresno St- Arizona got him at the top of the 5th I think - will be a damn good player imo

Dortch from Wake who went undrafted (shocked) and signed with Jets... kid is a player . Also Morgan from Nebraska who has a ton of talent . The Texas Tech WR also went undrafted ... crazy
    Wr's in this draft was weird in general. Outside of the top picks, teams seemed to shy away from WR's. There were only 29 WR's drafted. Renfrow was #17 of that. The guy we got from Davis as UDFA was rated as a 5th. I wonder if many of them are just not very good and the reason why Gruden and Mayock decided to go the veteran route -- considering it was a huge weakness and need.

I like Renfrow a lot as a slot and possession receiver, he give us a little of that compete level too. They guy has intangibles that will be a huge benefit on 3rd downs in particular. I mean, when I look at our 3rd and mid/long offense now, I actually feel really good about our chances of converting - assuming these guys can meet expectations. AB is AB, always an asset, will draw doubles and make plays. TW will stretch the field....Renfrow and Jacobs will help with moving the chains as well. Overall, it will come down to the OL for me, if they do their job we will have an above average offense. If Carr raises his play, we could have a damn well dangerous offense.

On defense, I really like what we did. No way we were going to fix the D in one year. Ferrell will add leadership and a staballizing presence on the front 4 and edge. Hurst is already a producer in the middle and guys like Hall, Jelly and Hankins are at least serviceable and can make plays. Then we have some guys like Key, Crosby that will need to be developed into roles that we may not see produce at a high level for another year anyway. At LB, we put a decent bandaid on the situation by bringing in guys like Marshall and Burfict. We will still have to focus on EDGE and LB next off-season. It feels like our secondary is in some really good shape for the current and future as well. Pieces are falling into place, but the D is a bit behind the O in terms of maturity and gap filling.

Quote Originally Posted by NASSIMTHEDREAM View Post
    I was pissed we passed on Joe Jackson in the 4th ( went to Cowboys in 5th) ... But I do like CrosbyÂ’s upside . Just think Jackson is more physically ready now.

Johnson also has huge upside. Can sit behind a Vet , watch and learn . Get his feet wet on special teams as a gunner.

I too was wanting Jackson, I even saw him projected as a late 2nd on some mocks. Let's hope that Crosby turns into a beast!

The preseason can't come soon enough!