Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 2019 NFL draft trade rankings

  1. #1

    2019 NFL draft trade rankings

    https://www.rotoworld.com/article/ev...trade-rankings

    mayock working magic vs reggie whom continually gave away value

  2. #2
    Mayock works long hours and is prepared. Reggie on the other hand was lazy. I would really of liked Mayock to trade more in the first round.

  3. #3
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    5,345
    Great if it's a card game. There was another post someone made that showed potential of actually making it in the NFL for more than a few months or a couple years. Congrats to the Raiders for this consolation prize. When the games start it when it will matter. Not unhappy with the draft at all.

  4. #4
    Interesting, thanks for sharing.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Great if it's a card game. There was another post someone made that showed potential of actually making it in the NFL for more than a few months or a couple years. Congrats to the Raiders for this consolation prize. When the games start it when it will matter. Not unhappy with the draft at all.
    i think we did pretty good other then not getting someone to trade up with us at #4 but it is,what it is and mayock/gruden took their guys

  6. #6
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    5,345
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i think we did pretty good other then not getting someone to trade up with us at #4 but it is,what it is and mayock/gruden took their guys
    I think they did get their guys in the first 2 rounds. Couldn't do anything about the 3rd round. However after listening to Mayock talk about how they ranked players, I think they had 2-3 players they ranked the same in the first couple rounds. By the time you get to the later rounds, they probably had 7-10 players ranked the same so trading down wasn't a big risk for them.
    So say they had Mullen, Cody Ford and Ya-Sin all ranked the same with the 2nd round pick, they took Mullen because he was the only one left.
    It was interesting though that so many teams were willing to trade up to get "their guy" the Raiders seemed content to take whatever next project was on their list of "pretty much all the same".

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I think they did get their guys in the first 2 rounds. Couldn't do anything about the 3rd round. However after listening to Mayock talk about how they ranked players, I think they had 2-3 players they ranked the same in the first couple rounds. By the time you get to the later rounds, they probably had 7-10 players ranked the same so trading down wasn't a big risk for them.
    So say they had Mullen, Cody Ford and Ya-Sin all ranked the same with the 2nd round pick, they took Mullen because he was the only one left.
    It was interesting though that so many teams were willing to trade up to get "their guy" the Raiders seemed content to take whatever next project was on their list of "pretty much all the same".
    Agreed on that 4, we should have pumped up Daniel Jones more to get the Giants to jump at our smoke....other than that, how we handled the draft is how you should work it. If our board shows those 7-10 players all even.....then you trade down. I recollect when it got to Day 2, we had the 35th and Mayock primed it for 2 guys, both were still on the board at 35, so he traded down, to 38, both were still on the board and then traded down again, finally getting Mullen at 40.

  8. #8
    I think they did well, not flashy, but well.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I think they did well, not flashy, but well.
    True, the important thing was getting 3 down guys early and we did that with Ferrell, Jacobs and Abram.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •