Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lefkoe Interview with KO

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    whats funny is all the trouble makers from 2017 are gone off this team
    Not sure what you mean by trouble makers. I looked at the 2017 roster and I saw maybe Bruce Irvin - but only because he kept yapping. Or Crabtree and Cooper because they couldn't hang onto the ball.

I think he is lying about the Washington game. I think the line went to make a statement that on a couple of plays they would show no effort and allow him to get sacked. They did it because they were upset at the time. Looking back he should feel shame about what he was part of, it was unprofessional and a cowardly act. I believe it more after hearing what he said. He tried to divert the the lie and talk up Carr. That team was divided from that moment on. He knows what he was part of and did and those players that were involved are leaving the team one by one.

^^ See, that's how you get that tin foil folded up into a hat. Record speed too. What a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    I think he is lying about the Washington game. I think the line went to make a statement that on a couple of plays they would show no effort and allow him to get sacked. They did it because they were upset at the time. Looking back he should feel shame about what he was part of, it was unprofessional and a cowardly act. I believe it more after hearing what he said. He tried to divert the the lie and talk up Carr. That team was divided from that moment on. He knows what he was part of and did and those players that were involved are leaving the team one by one.
    I believe this %100

Watch Hudson at the .46 second mark block no one
    Watch KO at the 3.56 and 3:30 mark
    watch Penn and KO at 4:05
    Last edited by psly2124; 05-10-2019 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post

Watch Hudson at the .46 second mark block no one
    Watch KO at the 3.56 and 3:30 mark
    watch Penn and KO at 4:05
    I watched it but don't see it. On the .46 Hudson play nobody was on him. At the 4:05 mark they overload the left side and Penn takes out the wrong guy and KO does do nothing but don't think it was malicious (they didn't communicate with each other to slide right). I definitely think they were angry and wanted to protest by kneeling but don't think they would have taken it to the field. In the end, nobody knows but them.

My bigger take away from this is guys weren't being honest about Coop's production and were not buying in to the new regime. The regression in the 2017/2018 seasons and lack of buy-in and then his contract are enough to ship him elsewhere. It also sounds like they were not on board with the strength coach and we did have a ton of injuries that year. Are they related.... who knows. Gruden thought it was enough to can the guy after one season (and not even let him finish the year out). Overall I think KO should have said less negative stuff and been more professional.

I watched the interview and I think KO is telling the truth. He doesn't strike me as a liar and what would he get out of it? He's not playing for us anymore. The team had a bad game and a bad season.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Did you actually listen to what he said? Nobody would lie to that extent. He would've just answered no and a few sentences if he were hiding something. He wouldn't make some shit up about liking Carr's entire family. Roll that tin foil back up.
    nope,dudes just protecting his career

Quote Originally Posted by srfndoc View Post
    I watched it but don't see it. On the .46 Hudson play nobody was on him. At the 4:05 mark they overload the left side and Penn takes out the wrong guy and KO does do nothing but don't think it was malicious (they didn't communicate with each other to slide right). I definitely think they were angry and wanted to protest by kneeling but don't think they would have taken it to the field. In the end, nobody knows but them.

My bigger take away from this is guys weren't being honest about Coop's production and were not buying in to the new regime. The regression in the 2017/2018 seasons and lack of buy-in and then his contract are enough to ship him elsewhere. It also sounds like they were not on board with the strength coach and we did have a ton of injuries that year. Are they related.... who knows. Gruden thought it was enough to can the guy after one season (and not even let him finish the year out). Overall I think KO should have said less negative stuff and been more professional.
    Hudson should of slid of helped out on someone. Nobody was blitzing, he just cannot stand there and put a hat on no one. An all-pro center doesn't make that mistake. If he were a rookie maybe, not an all pro. Penn takes the wrong guy and KO doesn't do anything, two all pros make a rookie error on the same play. I don't think so. KO just letting the guy go inside and put in no effort, no comment on that. This was an pro line, not putting in an effort and not doing simple things. Excuses. Thats why Penn and KO are not with this team anymore. And Hudson and Gabe Jackson this will be the last season as Raiders.
    Last edited by psly2124; 05-12-2019 at 03:08 AM.

On the Intentional Injury
    Damn hear it directly from a former player on the team with no reason to lie and still donít believe it? I didnít watch the video cut up, but after seeing the interview and hearing Penn and now KO address this directly, plus where the rumor came from, this is clearly a rumor.

On Gruden and Cable
    Its hard not to hear the authenticity in KO. That said, I didnít like the uncertainty that he expressed about Gruden, implying that players feel unstable like anything could happen, esp after Amari was traded. At least he respected Cable and it seems clear to me that KOís salary was not in the teamís future plans. It remains to be seen how well they will adjust without KO. He was a leader on that line. With as much the Raiders have invested in the Tackles, they mustíve felt KO was expendable.

On Carr
    Was glad to hear that players like and respect Carr. It must be crazy to just get up and leave these dogs youíve been going to war with for these years, but he seemed relieved to now be on the Jets. More power to him. Regime change and he was outta there and it worked for both sides. Raiders shoulda got more than a 5th, but they didnít wanna pay a guard that much anyway.
    Last edited by Imasmashu; 05-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.