Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Why Is Tom Cable Still In This Organization?

  1. #11
    You've been reading too much Mike Florio.

    Everyone, including Gruden himself, understands that he's the top dog and that the buck stops with him.

    There can be no fall guy when you have the final word.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    You've been reading too much Mike Florio.

    Everyone, including Gruden himself, understands that he's the top dog and that the buck stops with him.

    There can be no fall guy when you have the final word.
    I've never read anything by Mike Florio in my life.

    There can be a fall guy if he let Mayock run the draft and make the selections.

    Then he says well it's not my fault these players suck, I didn't draft them.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I've never read anything by Mike Florio in my life.

    There can be a fall guy if he let Mayock run the draft and make the selections.

    Then he says well it's not my fault these players suck, I didn't draft them.
    So gruden and mayock have invested all this money with the overhaul building the offense in thier eyes, drafted a RB in round 1 and gruden dosent care bout the oline sucking and shit canning our whole offense as long as hes not to blame? Come on Philly...
    Fu#k The Rest

  4. #14
    Not really. He can say it's not his fault, but no one is going to buy that.

    He can't say that it's Mayock's fault because everyone knows that Gruden and Mayock put together the Raider draft board and everyone knows that Gruden has to sign off on every pick that was made.

    Same thing goes for having Tom Cable on staff. Gruden can't use Cable as a fall guy because everyone knows Gruden is the one responsible for hiring and retaining him in the first place.

    Besides, Gruden doesn't need a fall guy or scapegoat because he has unparalleled job security.

    You might not like Gruden, but I think he's man enough to admit when he fucks up and take responsibility for it.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Not really. He can say it's not his fault, but no one is going to buy that.

    He can't say that it's Mayock's fault because everyone knows that Gruden and Mayock put together the Raider draft board and everyone knows that Gruden has to sign off on every pick that was made.

    Same thing goes for having Tom Cable on staff. Gruden can't use Cable as a fall guy because everyone knows Gruden is the one responsible for hiring and retaining him in the first place.

    Besides, Gruden doesn't need a fall guy or scapegoat because he has unparalleled job security.

    You might not like Gruden, but I think he's man enough to admit when he fucks up and take responsibility for it.
    You got me wrong. I love Gruden. I just don't believe a word he says LOL. He's a sneaky smart SOB.

    Anyway, he has already used one fall guy in Reggie. You really think it was Reggie that was running that last draft? Hell no. It was Gruden.

    And what happened when those drafted players sucked? He fired Reggie. So you can talk all you want about job security and planning the board together with Mayock but the fact is he's already fired the first patsy in Reggie.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    He blows.

    Attachment 137
    One word.... "Consistency". Unfortunately in Cables csse, he is consistently terrible. And for those thinking Gruden, a guy who wants to have a dominating offense and really haa made it known he calls all the shots, would never, not in a million years hire a coach to be a fall guy, when ALL hires (coaches, players, scouts, etc) are all being directly hired by Gruden. The reason i think Canle was hired was foe fhe run game. Also due to the connection between Cable via Seattle / Marshawn via Seattle... dumb reason but between that and the lack of O line coaches available at the time, he hired Cable. Cables experience with the Raider way was also a factor.

  7. #17
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    5,345
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePantyRaider View Post
    Also due to the connection between Cable via Seattle / Marshawn via Seattle... dumb reason but between that and the lack of O line coaches available at the time, he hired Cable. Cables experience with the Raider way was also a factor.
    I think that's the main reason. Who knows if Lynch will play this year, but if not, Cables got a bunch of players to work with and I doubt Gruden will give him many more chances. If not, I wouldn't expect Cable to be around in 2020. Continuity or not.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    You got me wrong. I love Gruden. I just don't believe a word he says LOL. He's a sneaky smart SOB.

    Anyway, he has already used one fall guy in Reggie. You really think it was Reggie that was running that last draft? Hell no. It was Gruden.

    And what happened when those drafted players sucked? He fired Reggie. So you can talk all you want about job security and planning the board together with Mayock but the fact is he's already fired the first patsy in Reggie.
    Mumbles was no patsy.

    He was fired for good reason.

    For the most part his drafts sucked. His free agency signings weren't very good.

    Outside of some good UDFA finds he was pretty inept.

    A 'patsy' gets fired or blamed for something he wasn't responsible for.

    Reggie was no patsy.

  9. #19
    Normally the OC will get a two year contract with an option for the 3rd year; so if Cable is fired they still have to pay him if he does not get a job....

    Also I think if Gruden goes down with health reason or whatever, then Cable is the next one in line to take over....

    At the end of the day; Gruden hired Cable.....not Reggie, so if Gruden fired Cable then it would not look good on Gruden.....one thing we have learn is hiring and firing does not alway work; you gotta give people time to make things work...I say let see how thing go this season before we start making judgement calls

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I've never read anything by Mike Florio in my life.
    Stop lying. PFT was the premier NFL rumor site 10-12 years ago. Everybody read their shit back then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •