Thread: Bears acquire K Eddy Pineiro from Raiders

Conditional 2021 7th, for 5 games......2019 cap hit as dead money 16K.

Lmao... they got rid of the wrong guy.. piniero has promise but got injured. The idiot Florida punter (yes i know Piniero was a kicker not a punter) we drafted shouldve been the one traded or released from the Raiders. The guy was terrible and I mean absolutely horrific.

yeah we should have gotten rid of idiot punter,felt bad for eddy p though kids good but the raiders got a gem in carlson and eddy would never have seen the light of day

We had picked up Drew Kaser from the Chargers to provide comp for Townsend, but he was cut in favor of AJ Cole today, whom we had in over the weekend for the rookie mini camp. Guessing from the looks we had of Kaser during the offseason program, didn't think he'd beat out Townsend.

Imagine if Piniero ends up kicking clutch for the Bears and lowering that 2020 1st round pick... Thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

But then I come to my senses and realize he would have been cut eventualy anyway so the Bears could have signed him later.

Good job by Mayock getting something i return. I was disapointed for Eddy last year but glad we found Carlson and glad Eddy will get an opportunity.
    Last edited by fad; 05-06-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    We had picked up Drew Kaser from the Chargers to provide comp for Townsend, but he was cut in favor of AJ Cole today, whom we had in over the weekend for the rookie mini camp. Guessing from the looks we had of Kaser during the offseason program, didn't think he'd beat out Townsend.
    punting wise we have the worst one in the league and his competition is a guy whose draft profile states he got worse every year, there must be a half decent free agent out there surely?
    unlucky roll of the dice for eddy, injury wrecked last season for him and, unlike the punter whom we let squib and shank the season out, we actually replaced duff kickers and may have unearthed a good one in carlson.
    if he makes it we get a pick so good luck too him.

Quote Originally Posted by illusin View Post
    Mking iz available lol
    ....visiting Texans today.

I called the Piniero to the Bears a few months ago.