Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will bring pressure up the middle on our DLine? We need help

Who will bring pressure up the middle on our DLine? We need help

I think PJ and MO will be solid this year, and Vanderhoos should be back. BUT- who will be our monster in the middle??

We need to sign a free agent or trade for a starter in my opinion.

Trade for Gerald McCoy
    or sign Suh

We need a beast in the middle.

unfortunately Suh would be too much money, but more importantly wouldn't perform on a team rebuilding like this. He didn't even give his all with the Rams that were the favorite last year until the playoffs. He's not a gruden type of player. he is the anti Raider. gruden and mayock would never sign a guy like suh unless he was the final piece for us winning the superbowl.

How much cap space will we have remaining after signing our rookies?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders4evr View Post
    I think PJ and MO will be solid this year, and Vanderhoos should be back. BUT- who will be our monster in the middle??

We need to sign a free agent or trade for a starter in my opinion.

Trade for Gerald McCoy
    or sign Suh

We need a beast in the middle.
    When's the last time we had a beast up the middle? Seems like every team needs a beast up the middle

I think we're fine at DT. Hall, Hurst as inside rushers and Jelly and Haskins as stuffers. Not counting on Vanderdoes as he really hasn't played in 2 years. I think we have a solid LB core to help out. Plus Abram/Joseph. Good offensive teams are going to know what our Defensive plan is half way through the 1st Q so up to Guenther to shake it up when it becomes apparent. I don't want to hear any of this "well, they are going to run the same play over and over until the defense learns how to fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Raidermackin View Post
    When's the last time we had a beast up the middle? Seems like every team needs a beast up the middle
    It's a fog to me. D. Russell was sort of one but RB's kept running by him and he was more intent on a sack of a QB who already handed the ball off. Sam Adams was a beast IN the middle but not up the middle. Probably have to go back to the 70-80's.

That is a major need, the DT spot, someone to push the pocket into the edge rushers. Mack's best year, coincided with Mario Edwards best year with us as well, that was no coincidence. Definitely need someone alongside Hurst to push the pocket, we have 1 dimensionals in Jelly and Hankins right now, but Ellis has no dead hit next year and Hankins has a 3.25 dead, 6 million hit, so they are options to be pink slipped when a replacement is found, most likely through the draft.

Hall and Hurst were drafted to fill this role and Vanderdoes as well. Hankins can also push the pocket. Hurst stood out last year, hopefully one of the other guys steps up. Hankins was ranked pretty highly per PFF.

Hall is a bust to me.....classic stupid Reggie 2nd round reach as usual

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Hall is a bust to me.....classic stupid Reggie 2nd round reach as usual
    I was surprised to see Hall had zero sacks last season. I remember him at least getting into the back field fairly often. Gruden must like him a little because this draft was perfect to draft a DT in later rounds.