Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raiders invested on defense in the draft, but...

The Raiders invested on defense in the draft, but...

The Raiders invested on defense in the draft, but Paul Guenther is also counting on a ‘different vibe’ from the 2018 class
    https://theathletic.com/955595/2019/...ve-selections/

Guenther on Arden Key:
    Key, the third-round pick out of LSU last year, had one sack in 16 games and left with the mandate to put some more muscle on his 6-foot-5, 238-pound frame in the offseason. He doesn’t look bigger in photos from recent workouts on the team website (there has been no media access), but Guenther said he is not too concerned.

“He’s probably right where we need him to be,” Guenther said. “We’re trying to put a little more muscle mass on him now, so he is in there lifting. We don’t want him to get too heavy. He got up to 270 at LSU and he looked like a slug, you know what I am saying.”

Guenther on Marquel Lee:
    And don’t sleep on Lee. He had bulked up to 250 last year, but Guenther said he is down to 238.

“I told him this is the AFC West, you have to be able to cover,” Guenther said. “He looks good. … I told each guy before he left last season the two or three things that they have to improve on. And I was bluntly honest with all of them. And Marquel has come back in great shape. He may be a different guy on the field, too.”

add clellin ferrell at 270 lbs now with a body that can add another 10 lbs if needed

So Guenther told Key explicitly that he needed to add weight and come back stronger and the piece of shit comes back the same and Guenther has to back pedal and say he's not concerned.

Arden Key is worthless, lazy, piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    So Guenther told Key explicitly that he needed to add weight and come back stronger and the piece of shit comes back the same and Guenther has to back pedal and say he's not concerned.

Arden Key is worthless, lazy, piece of shit.
    You're special.

Quote Originally Posted by GuamanianRaider View Post
    You're special.
    You're not.

It’s May. Key has upside in his second year. If he isn’t improved, he will ride pine.

Looking forward to seeing Lee this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    It’s May. Key has upside in his second year. If he isn’t improved, he will ride pine.

Looking forward to seeing Lee this season.
    Yeah but he still has no work ethic. Parker needed to get bigger and stronger. He's now 330. Miller needed to get bigger and stronger. He's also now 330.

Key did no work. If it was me, I would have shown up 50 pounds heavier, all muscle and told coach if you need me to get down, tell me how much and I'll work it off.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Yeah but he still has no work ethic. Parker needed to get bigger and stronger. He's now 330. Miller needed to get bigger and stronger. He's also now 330.

Key did no work. If it was me, I would have shown up 50 pounds heavier, all muscle and told coach if you need me to get down, tell me how much and I'll work it off.
    Hey, at least Key didn't come in with 50 additional pounds of flab to take off.

Calm down, it's not the end of the world.

BTW, some guys don't have a frame that makes it desireable for them to put on weight by pumping iron all day and maxing out on the carbohydrates.

Might increase their bulk more than their strength and limit their flexibility.

So relax a bit. Don't go losing your mind over a photo of Key not looking like the incredible hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Hey, at least Key didn't come in with 50 additional pounds of flab to take off.

Calm down, it's not the end of the world.

BTW, some guys don't have a frame that makes it desireable for them to put on weight by pumping iron all day and maxing out on the carbohydrates.

Might increase their bulk more than their strength and limit their flexibility.

So relax a bit. Don't go losing your mind over a photo of Key not looking like the incredible hulk.
    I guess you're right. I just hate to see a situation where everyone else is happy, proud, and grateful to be a Raider and share Mayock's and Gruden's vision to return the team to greatness, and then have a lazy piece of shit like this not care. The drafted guys were choked by tears they were so happy to be Raiders. Then this guy shows up.

It bothers me.

It’s premature to characterize Key as lazy, damn. He’s 22 years old in his second year and it’s May. Minicamp hasn’t even started yet. Kid has time to work with the staff. He was already meant to rush the edge to n passing downs as more a rotational player, which means he will be under competition to start.

I was still growing at 22 years old.