Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abram will wear jersey # 24

Abram will wear jersey # 24

Some of the draft class has been assigned jersey numbers on Raiders.com. Johnathan Abram will be the new 24.

Hopefully he fills those shoes well and keeps the tradition alive of #24 in the silver and black being a special number.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    Hopefully he fills those shoes well and keeps the tradition alive of #24 in the silver and black being a special number.
    +1 on this.

Hopefully he plays better than Michael Huff did wearing that sacred number
    I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Saynt_Raider View Post
    Hopefully he plays better than Michael Huff did wearing that sacred number
    Hoping for more Willie Brown/Cwood.

Update:
    Clelin Ferrell - 96
    Josh Jacobs - 28
    Johnathan Abram - 24
    Trayvon Mullen - 27
    Maxx Crosby - 98
    Isaiah Johnson - 31
    Foster Moreau - 87
    Hunter Renfrow - 13
    Quinton Bell - 95

If I had to guess, Abram will end up playing in and around the box more often than not. His coverage skills are far from where they need to be in order to play on the back end of an NFL defense in today's game. He'll likely cover TE's, and play almost like a linebacker more than a DB. His strengths are his physicality, tackling, and vertical speed. Weaknesses are coverage skills, lateral quickness (in game settings), and making plays on the ball (had 2 int's in his entire career).

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    If I had to guess, Abram will end up playing in and around the box more often than not. His coverage skills are far from where they need to be in order to play on the back end of an NFL defense in today's game. He'll likely cover TE's, and play almost like a linebacker more than a DB. His strengths are his physicality, tackling, and vertical speed. Weaknesses are coverage skills, lateral quickness (in game settings), and making plays on the ball (had 2 int's in his entire career).
    Like I said before. he's what Joseph was supposed to be.

Who would you guys have preferred over Abram at 27??? He was definitely a Gruden pick

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Who would you guys have preferred over Abram at 27??? He was definitely a Gruden pick
    Players who were still on the board who I would have drafted ahead of Abram:

- Deandre Baker (solid coverage skills, Worley has 1 year left on his contract)
    - Byron Murphy (good scheme fit, Worley has 1 year left on his contract)
    - Cody Ford (day 1 starter, can play T or G)