Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foster Moreau

Foster Moreau

Watched some highlights. Kid really excites me. 6'4" and 250, can block and he can catch. Some odd the plays I watched he's sitting down in empty zones like he should, makes one handed grabs and is a handful when he's moving after the catch. Carr has so many options now it's up to him to make our break his career as a Raider now.
    We can play dink and dunk, we can play deep, power run. This is the most versatile offense we've had in a long time.
    The defense is still a question mark. Young guns will need to step up and keep the intensity all 4 quarter's.

Good to hear about Moreau. I'm just hoping Gruden will be able to adjust on the fly if they planned for a team who is throwing in some new looks rather than waiting for half time.
    As far as the defense goes, I think it's much improved but that will also depend on Guenther getting his players on the same page. More like they were at the end of last year. Even with the addition of Clelin, I still feel our edge pass rush is going to be one of the weakest in the division so it's up to Guenther to get creative with the LB's and safeties and make sure they know what they are doing. Like who is going to be the guy to gets the play call and who is going to make sure everyone knows where they are supposed to be instead of 2 safeties covering one player while a WR goes right by uncovered.

Moreau won't break this draft if he doesn't pan out, but he can make it. If Moreau turns into a quality starter, which I think he will. It can make the whole draft a success. The reasoning is that players drafted in the 4th round rarely make an impact on any team. Hitting on day 3 picks enable teams to not go out and overpay for free agents or use high picks that can be used other places of need. Moreau will be a fan favorite for his effort and leadership abilities. In a couple of years you will see fans wearing his jersey in the stands. I think he was a steal in the 4th round. Im an LSU fan and the reason his stats don't look good is that the QB play has been awful. 300 yards for college QB's is very common. LSU QB's were probably averaging 150 of the past 3 years. Just not enough balls to go around. Bad play calling too. LSU's passing offense was not fun to watch. If Moreau went to Oklahoma of a different school he would been drafted higher. Is the point I was trying to make.

I honestly think Moreau is going to be the steal of the draft for us, 3rd best SPARQ score behind Hock and Fant and he’s known as a blocking TE. If he can focus on his route running and hands then I see pro bowl potential

Quote Originally Posted by raider jim View Post
    Watched some highlights. Kid really excites me. 6'4" and 250, can block and he can catch. Some odd the plays I watched he's sitting down in empty zones like he should, makes one handed grabs and is a handful when he's moving after the catch. Carr has so many options now it's up to him to make our break his career as a Raider now.
    We can play dink and dunk, we can play deep, power run. This is the most versatile offense we've had in a long time.
    The defense is still a question mark. Young guns will need to step up and keep the intensity all 4 quarter's.
    Agree. Carr has all the options, lacks nothing now. Jacobs, Crowell in the backfield or coming out of it, receivers for days. Question is will the O line hold up with Parker and Miller starting.

On the flip side, what improvements, if any, will we see out of Arden Key and will Ferrell prove to be worth the 4th pick in the draft.

Secondary is solidified. Should see improvements from Hurst and Hall. Again though, until Key and Ferrell are known quantities the pass rush will remain a question mark.

I like what we did in the draft as we addressed many needs. Now those guys have to step up and perform to expectations.

Philly,

I think Parker is going to be the backup right tackle. I sure hope he is not the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Philly,

I think Parker is going to be the backup right tackle. I sure hope he is not the starter.
    Someone mentioned that gruden or mayock said green was the starter at right guard so Parker is a back up if that’s true. For now at least

Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    Philly,

Let's hope that's the case. Only way he should be starter is if he blows away everyone else at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Let's hope that's the case. Only way he should be starter is if he blows away everyone else at camp.
    Some tackles don’t develop into starters until a few years in. He got a ton of earlier than scheduled playing time, hopefully that helps his development (along with offseason training)

Let’s see what Parker has after his 1st offseason before final judgment is passed

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1992 View Post
    Someone mentioned that gruden or mayock said green was the starter at right guard so Parker is a back up if that’s true. For now at least
    Mayock mentioned Denzelle Good will start as the RG.