Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the 2019 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    crosby needs weight training,mayocks 1st call to him was you need to get stronger so were gonna have you work with grudens son whom is a strength trainer,once you get stronger you'll be unstoppable,i think crosby is a 8-10 sack type once he gets stronger until then expect 4-5 sacks
    Anything is better than what we had last season. If they determined the kid had the technique down and all he needed was strength then all the better for us because that's an easy fix.

The bottom line, for me, is we are a better team now than we were before this draft started. Miles better.

Our secondary is set. Our D line is set. LB corps is improved. Receivers are set. RBs are set.

That O line worries me though if we have both Parker and Miller starting. They were turnstiles last year and those two are the ones I'm going to be keeping my eyes on the most throughout the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    If there was even a thought of moving on from Carr, we would have taken a QB. Even LOCK in the 2nd was a huge value. Nope. A developmental QB later? Nope. Carr’s our guy. Suck it up and accept it
    I've accepted it. For this year. Pretty sure you know what I think we'll be drafting in the first round next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Still think the Crosby pick today is a head scratching wtf moment. Don't get drafting a developmental guy slated to go in the 6th in the 4th round when we need immediate help.

Don't like the Renfrow pick either. Can't see him ever being anything more than a sure handed (even if they're tiny) possession rcvr that will struggle to get separation.

But WTF do I know ?

Crosby, some see Jared Allen in this kid. In the 4th I don’t want a kid with a low ceiling. These are rookies, don’t expect a ton year1 anyway.

Same thing with our other 4th round pick, the cb from Houston.
    1st round traits, 2nd round ability, late round technique.

And how does someone hate the Renfrow pick? Dayum!

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Hate being a negative nancy.

Thought we did ok in the draft until today. Consider today lackluster. But I'm not gonna pretend to be a draft expert and think it's best to reserve judgement. Think the instant grading we'll see in the next few days is a joke.

Right now, I'm not enthralled. Time will tell.

On the positive side, I feel comfortable saying that although I'm not impressed with what we did today, I still think we're the most improved team in the AFC West
    Day three is extremely tough to find starters. A team is lucky to find one. I really think Moreau will be our starting TE by the end of the year. He has sure hands and runs a 4.6. He finished 3rd in Sparq behind Fant and Hockenson. As for Johnson and Crosby, if one of them can turn into a player in two years its a success. If they don't, they are only 4th rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Anything is better than what we had last season. If they determined the kid had the technique down and all he needed was strength then all the better for us because that's an easy fix.

The bottom line, for me, is we are a better team now than we were before this draft started. Miles better.

Our secondary is set. Our D line is set. LB corps is improved. Receivers are set. RBs are set.

That O line worries me though if we have both Parker and Miller starting. They were turnstiles last year and those two are the ones I'm going to be keeping my eyes on the most throughout the offseason.
    our team will contend now,we have improved big time at dline,secondary,wr and rb

Quote Originally Posted by psly2124 View Post
    Day three is extremely tough to find starters. A team is lucky to find one. I really think Moreau will be our starting TE by the end of the year. He has sure hands and runs a 4.6. He finished 3rd in Sparq behind Fant and Hockenson. As for Johnson and Crosby, if one of them can turn into a player in two years its a success. If they don't, they are only 4th rounders.
    4th rd is all about finding gems with huge upside,we got that in maxx,johnson and moreau

I like the Crosby, Johnson and Moreau picks.....Renfrow I don’t like just doesn’t have the measurables and very tiny hands

Quote Originally Posted by CMB223 View Post
    3rd and Renfrow!
    What makes you think we'll see any 3rd downs ?

Might see a few 2nd and 2 or 3, but mostly all 1st and ten or first and goal.

Hunter Renfrow WR, Oakland Raiders
    Raiders traded up with the Cowboys to select Clemson WR Hunter Renfrow with the No. 149 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.

In exchange for trading down, the Cowboys will receive picks No. 158 and 218. Renfrow (5’10/184) arrived at Clemson as a walk-on went onto start all four years in the slot for Dabo Sweeney’s Tigers, tallying a career 186/2,133/15 (11.5 YPR) receiving line. In 2018, PFF College charged Renfrow with just one dropped pass on 50 catch-able targets. Renfrow’s limitations showed up in Indy, where he ran 4.59 and measured in with tiny arms (29 1/8") and hands (7 7/8"). On college tape, Renfrow won with instincts, short-area quickness, and a knack for making tough catches. He profiles as an Adam Humphries-level pro.