Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Montez sweat

Montez sweat

Rapoport says at least 4 teams have Montez Sweat off their draft board entirely due to his heart condition. Could be in for a big draft day slide, like Hurst last year.

WOW imagine if we got Q PICK #4 AND THEN SWEAT AT #24 WITH GREEDY AT #27

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    WOW imagine if we got Q PICK #4 AND THEN SWEAT AT #24 WITH GREEDY AT #27
    Sweat at #24 was in the low picks before the combine. I thought you meant like the 4th-5th round.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Rapoport says at least 4 teams have Montez Sweat off their draft board entirely due to his heart condition. Could be in for a big draft day slide, like Hurst last year.
    Good! Let those idiots skip town on the biggest freak in the draft. They skipped town on Hurst too look how that turned out. If we're smart again, their loss is our gain once more.

It will be interesting to see if he does fall because of his heart condition. I'm not sure how similar it is to Hurst's case. I only say that because they stopped Hurst from working out at the Combine. But they let Sweat to continue going through all the drills. Did the "Hurst" issue last year change their thinking at the Combine who knows. I'm not going to lie it would be nice if Sweat did fall to us at either 24, 27 or 35 though.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Good! Let those idiots skip town on the biggest freak in the draft. They skipped town on Hurst too look how that turned out. If we're smart again, their loss is our gain once more.
    Imagine that happening, then everyone on this board could be happy! xD

I have to say I think Hurst was a Reggie pick as it has all the hallmarks of a Reggie pick....so Maylock might not gamble like Reggie did....

I mean Conley look like a keeper; but that was a very high gamble when he was drafted with his legal troubles and injuries in his first season...

If Sweat drops even farther down than late round 1 and we get him even better. I hope we can finagle something like that. Ed Oliver, Hock/Fant, Greedy/Hollywood, and Sweat later on. Imagine that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    I have to say I think Hurst was a Reggie pick as it has all the hallmarks of a Reggie pick....so Maylock might not gamble like Reggie did....

I mean Conley look like a keeper; but that was a very high gamble when he was drafted with his legal troubles and injuries in his first season...
    It wasn't a Reggie pick, if it were he would of taken him in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post

In reality the Raiders did their homework on that Conley situation. They saw it was absolute bullshit. They were happy when he fell to them.