Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Super Bowls

3 Super Bowls

I know this has nothing to do with the draft (Don't throw stones at me) but I would like for some of the older gang to rank the 3 Super Bowls as to their importance to you. Maybe some of you weren't alive the last time we won one LOL. For me #1 would have to be the Second SB win......it was against the Eagles in the New Orleans Super Dome. Plunkett was amazing. Probably the majority of the people thought the Eagles would win. I was a Sophmore in high school and I watched the game at my Grandparents house. What a feeling it was. Iwould rank the first one in '76 at #2. I was in the 6th grade and I had only been a fan for 4 years....so I didn't have that family feeling yet. But make no mistake about it....EVERYONE who knew me knew they were my team. Last but not least was the win over the Redskins. Very satisfying and I was stoked....but I took it for granted there would be more so I don't think I fully took the time to soak it in to speak. Overall.....Im an old school Raider fan who waiting for a return to greatness. Let's get going!!!!!!!!!

Historically speaking I think it would almost have to be the first Super Bowl win in 76-77. We were, at that time, establishing a fierce rivalry with Pittsburgh and they were in the middle of what was considered for a long time, the greatest dynasty in the league. They beat us in 72 in The Immaculate Reception game which we should have clearly won. We met in the playoffs for 5 straight years. The first Super Bowl win established us as a powerhouse franchise to be reckoned with. The importance of it can't be overstated.

I have to go with the first one against the Vikings. My father who wasn't a big football fan knew how excited I was and for my birthday a few weeks later, he'd taken the sports illustrated cover with a picture that said "Oakland Bowls 'Em Over' had it mounted and framed. I had that on my bedroom wall for years. I had to get rid of it a couple months ago.

They were all great; First one was because it was the raiders first one; only blip in that season was when Patriots killed us like 49-3 at the beginning of the season; I think I got score a little off as I am too lazy to look it up; but I did watch the game live on TV...

But the one to stand out was the third one; we were suppose to get killed by the Hogs; we were really the underdog in that game...

1st, (because we finally gut the monkey off our back, 3rd, (complete dominance in black, and with numerous huge plays) and then 2nd. (Football played on fake grass in a gymnasium never really feels like football ro me)

Look at my avatar...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    They were all great; First one was because it was the raiders first one; only blip in that season was when Patriots killed us like 49-3 at the beginning of the season; I think I got score a little off as I am too lazy to look it up; but I did watch the game live on TV...

But the one to stand out was the third one; we were suppose to get killed by the Hogs; we were really the underdog in that game...
    Skins beat us earlier in the year in a crazy offensive game, 38-35 there. We then brought in Mike Haynes and that was a 20 point turnaround.

I was a freshman in high school for the Super Bowl loss we had against Tampa. It was my first season paying attention to football. And boy did I hear it from my friends that following Monday. I went to school with a lot of Raider haters

We last won one January 1984. I was born August 1984. We desperately need to win one for me, lol. I still watch the highlights of our wins at least and with the Autumn Wind playing during the plays it makes you feel a certain type of pride if you already didn't live through them.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    We last won one January 1984. I was born August 1984. We desperately need to win one for me, lol. I still watch the highlights of our wins at least and with the Autumn Wind playing during the plays it makes you feel a certain type of pride if you already didn't live through them.
    Thanks for hanging in there...

In the 70s picture getting to the AFC Championship game consistently and then losing to Pittsburgh. It was very painful. I was so happy my favorite player Stabler and the Raiders finally got the monkey off their back and won in 1976.