Thread: Drafting for Need vs BPA

Drafting for Need vs BPA

Article specifically about the Raiders, highlights the Derwin James non selection.

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...rove-difficult

Great article. I'm not a fan of Bosa but if Allen is there at #4 I take him. if not trade back to 10-12 to get one of the second tier. The Raiders did a good job in FA to make sure it will give them some wiggle room at all the other positions.

All this info, its giving me a headache and making me worried a guy we covet will not be there at #4....and because of the lack of interest of QBs after Murray, we wont get that good of a trade back deal.

Im getting the feeling we want BOSA as an EDGE at #4. Or a best all around player in Q. Allen feels like a fine consolation prize in the Raiders minds.

The more i read from top level connected reporters, the more its clear that Bosa & Q are the 2 elite elite players in this draft class.
    I wish 1 would drop to us

This team needs BLUE CHIPPERS, not second tier. I read EVERY YEAR.... TRADE BACK... makes me wanna puke

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ns-for-raiders

this is the best scenario cause a trade down to 6 still allows us to grab an elite talent in devin white and pick up an early 2nd rd pick #37 to go along with our pick #35,#27,#24

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    This team needs BLUE CHIPPERS, not second tier. I read EVERY YEAR.... TRADE BACK... makes me wanna puke
    Yep. We have so many holes that it seems to make sense to trade back but really elite players can help paper over some of those cracks that still exist after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    https://www.silverandblackpride.com/...ns-for-raiders

this is the best scenario cause a trade down to 6 still allows us to grab an elite talent in devin white and pick up an early 2nd rd pick #37 to go along with our pick #35,#27,#24
    NO WAY do I trade away a difference maker on the DL for an off ball linebacker in today’s NFL. All for a 2nd round pick? Ut Uh.

Now!!! If Bosa/Q/Allen go top 3? Yes I trade down to the highest bidder. Anything we can get.

I’m praying we can walk away with Bosa or Q. The writer had it wrong, ALLEN is the solid consolation prize, not Q.
    Q is THEE prize!
    ...but he won’t be there at #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    NO WAY do I trade away a difference maker on the DL for an off ball linebacker in today’s NFL. All for a 2nd round pick? Ut Uh.

Now!!! If Bosa/Q/Allen go top 3? Yes I trade down to the highest bidder. Anything we can get.

I’m praying we can walk away with Bosa or Q. The writer had it wrong, ALLEN is the solid consolation prize, not Q.
    Q is THEE prize!
    ...but he won’t be there at #4.
    yeah,im all over Q in this draft with bosa a clear 2nd bpa but if both were gone trade down and hopefully still get 1.devin white or 2.ed oliver while getting an xtra 2nd we would still be getting elite talent and the xtra 2nd allows us to take oline or other need like rb/wr/te

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    I think that's the point - this year - that there are 2 blue chippers (Q and Bosa) and if they are both gone, then a trade back makes sense. I'm the guy that feels if there is a player you want and would draft him at #8-#10 and he's there at #4, then just take him and get the guy you covet. There is no guarantee he will be there 4 picks later and it's not worth the risk. If the guys you covet are gone and you are into the next 6 or so guys you value about the same, then that's when a trade back makes sense.