Thread: noah fant in for a visit

noah fant in for a visit

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Iowa TE Noah Fant is visiting the Raiders on Monday.

The Raiders are desperate for tight end help after losing Jared Cook in free agency, and Fant is one of the best options available in the draft. If he ends up in Oakland, Fant would have the opportunity to contribute immediately as a pass catcher. The Raiders currently own the Nos. 4, 24, and 27 picks in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Iowa TE Noah Fant is visiting the Raiders on Monday.

The Raiders are desperate for tight end help after losing Jared Cook in free agency, and Fant is one of the best options available in the draft. If he ends up in Oakland, Fant would have the opportunity to contribute immediately as a pass catcher. The Raiders currently own the Nos. 4, 24, and 27 picks in the first round.
    Fant appears to have the speed and ability to be an awesome pass catching weapon.

I guess his blocking is suspect.

I realize the blocking aspect is important, but it seems to me guys like Lee Smith are a dime a dozen and over valued and pass catching weapons at TE are undervalued.

Love it! In my ideal draft we pick up one of the 2 TE's from Iowa. With each passing mock, Hockenson is rising up. So it may wind up being Fant at #24 if the football gods are on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    Fant appears to have the speed and ability to be an awesome pass catching weapon.

I guess his blocking is suspect.

I realize the blocking aspect is important, but it seems to me guys like Lee Smith are a dime a dozen and over valued and pass catching weapons at TE are undervalued.
    fants not a bad blocker but hockenson is a dominating blocker in the mold of gronk,whomever gets fant is getting a stud imo

If I remember too besides the blocking, is that according to pff he has to shore up his drop ball count aswell.