Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Russell Wilson to Giants heating up

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    I just read something about him last week. California is also starting to try to employ his techniques of using different fruits. I tasted one from Paso Robles and it was horrible. They don't have the right growing weather for it.
    LOL There is nothing California won't steal from the Old World. Not that there's anything wrong just saying.

  2. #82
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    4,978
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    LOL There is nothing California won't steal from the Old World. Not that there's anything wrong just saying.
    Correct. It took Calif 40 years to make their version of the old French burgundy. They couldn't call it burgundy because of restrictions so they called it meritage. But very good wine.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Correct. It took Calif 40 years to make their version of the old French burgundy. They couldn't call it burgundy because of restrictions so they called it meritage. But very good wine.
    Yeah I don't like American laws that say that American producers can steal names of certain food items from Europe. It's so unfair.

    How can an American cheese producer make imitation Parmigiano Reggiano and call it Parmesan?

    LOL it's ridiculous. These places and the foods they produce are practically sacred to their people and should be treated with that kind of respect.

    I can't imagine an American wine producer making bubbly wine and calling it champagne. I know champagne is protected but they all should be.

    If Americans want to produce something similar there's nothing wrong with saying "like" or "similar to" or give it it's own American name. Not steal the name for something that's an imitation.

    That's my thought at least.

  4. #84
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    4,978
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    How can an American cheese producer make imitation Parmigiano Reggiano and call it Parmesan?

    If Americans want to produce something similar there's nothing wrong with saying "like" or "similar to" or give it it's own American name. Not steal the name for something that's an imitation.
    That's how they got away with it. Americans call it parmesan. They are not allowed (as far as I know) able to call it Parmegiano Reggiano because it doesn't contain the correct ingredients. America is a very young country. A group of imports still finding their way. Now when France can make a Zinfandel like California, I wonder what they will call it?

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    That's how they got away with it. Americans call it parmesan. They are not allowed (as far as I know) able to call it Parmegiano Reggiano because it doesn't contain the correct ingredients. America is a very young country. A group of imports still finding their way. Now when France can make a Zinfandel like California, I wonder what they will call it?
    Exactly it goes both ways. Something invented here should not be allowed to be taken by others to produce an imitation.

    Yes we are a young country. Beautiful country with some truly wonderful and gifted people blessed with stunning natural beauty and abundant resources.

    And we have the Raiders. Something no other nation on earth can say.

    Btw Raw, you want to read something really interesting?

    Go to Google News and type in "blue crab." See what the spanish are saying about American blue crabs.

  6. #86
    Senior Member rawhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Hollywood CA
    Posts
    4,978
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post

    Btw Raw, you want to read something really interesting?

    Go to Google News and type in "blue crab." See what the spanish are saying about American blue crabs.
    HA! Sounds like they don't know what to do with them. Same as when lobsters were taking over east coast beaches and before the controlled lobster industry came in, they would ground these massive lobster up and put it out for the poor people. They should try putting some in Paella. mmmm...

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    HA! Sounds like they don't know what to do with them. Same as when lobsters were taking over east coast beaches and before the controlled lobster industry came in, they would ground these massive lobster up and put it out for the poor people. They should try putting some in Paella. mmmm...
    Exactly my thought! These people just got blessed from Heaven itself and they consider it an invasive species! LMAO

    Blue crab paella would be insane. If they only knew, Raw.

  8. #88
    Hey Raw,

    Not to turn this into a food thread but check some of these out from Philly...

    Oldest candy shop in the US. Shane Candy Company.
    https://shanecandies.com

    Vetri Ristorante. Mario Batali called it the best restaurant on the East Coast.

    https://vetricucina.com

    The Italian Market. The largest and oldest outdoor market in the US.

    https://italianmarketphilly.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •