Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: State the facts- WHY DO YOU WANT CARR GONE?

State the facts- WHY DO YOU WANT CARR GONE?

Nothing personal or insulting from me to any of you, but I am blown away that so many Raider fans are ready to send Carr packing. WHY? I mean, please make a valid point as to why?

Two years ago he was MVP until he was hurt and took us to the playoffs. Last year he had no oline and all new wr's with a terrible defense.

I am praying we do NOT get a QB with one of our first round picks. We do NOT need to waste a pick for a QB that early.

Carr in my most humbled opinion is NOT our problem whatsoever.

Without being insulting, PLEASE MAKE YOUR CASE!!!

High completion % is only due to his low YPA and check downs, so it makes it seem like he’s being surgical on the field when really it’s all check downs. Can’t stand in the pocket and he makes up his mind too quickly. Throws a lot of balls away (like he did on a 4th Down to end the game). If his first option isn’t open he chokes and doesn’t know how to extend the play, probably due to not having good pocket awareness. Tries to say the right thing too much instead of being a true leader. Accuracy on deep throws is inconsistent, a lot of times just floating the ball instead of putting a little more zip on it. Lost the locker room once and not sure if he ever gained it back (probably not).

he has his ups and downs. but he's simply better than any QB we can get. plus how many playbooks has he had to learn while here? but I agree with a lot of people here that he needs to show improvement in his 2nd year. under Gruden. then next offseason the raiders can decide what to do with him.

3rd thread on this?

To be honest, the case has been made all over this board. Then, if you want more you can look up all the local sports media and their speculation on Gruden and his obsession with QB’s.

In short summary, a case can be made that Carr reached his ceiling in 2016, that he was a McKenzie pick, and that he is shaky in the pocket and unable to make plays when plays begin to break down. This summary of Carr’s potential is precarious and fans are split on whether he deserves his current contract money. We can debate it any way we want, fan of Carr or doubter. The bottom line will ALWAYS be:

Carr has to WIN. Gruden has to WIN.

I’ve never been a doubter of Carr and always felt that Gruden would give it time to actually coach him. But, f~ the speculation, who cares what anybody thinks?

It’s time for the Raiders to put up. It’s time to WIN.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    High completion % is only due to his low YPA and check downs, so it makes it seem like he’s being surgical on the field when really it’s all check downs. Can’t stand in the pocket and he makes up his mind too quickly. Throws a lot of balls away (like he did on a 4th Down to end the game). If his first option isn’t open he chokes and doesn’t know how to extend the play, probably due to not having good pocket awareness. Tries to say the right thing too much instead of being a true leader. Accuracy on deep throws is inconsistent, a lot of times just floating the ball instead of putting a little more zip on it. Lost the locker room once and not sure if he ever gained it back (probably not).
    Funny you bring up Carr’s deep throws....

“For Carr, that has to be viewed as a good thing, as he has shown during the last three seasons that he is one of the more accurate downfield passers in the game. In fact, he sits behind only Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks, and Drew Brees from the New Orleans Saints in Deep Accuracy according to Pro Football Focus.”

Link
    https://justblogbaby.com/2019/04/12/...downfield/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    3rd thread on this?
    Seriously....its getting played out. Tired ass subject

Quote Originally Posted by Imasmashu View Post
    Funny you bring up Carr’s deep throws....

“For Carr, that has to be viewed as a good thing, as he has shown during the last three seasons that he is one of the more accurate downfield passers in the game. In fact, he sits behind only Russell Wilson from the Seattle Seahawks, and Drew Brees from the New Orleans Saints in Deep Accuracy according to Pro Football Focus.”

Link
    https://justblogbaby.com/2019/04/12/...downfield/amp/

Too bad those throws seldom come....maybe if he hangs in the pocket long enough for a play to develop, but we all know that doesn’t happen consistently. It’s not the O lines fault, it’s captain check downs

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders4evr View Post
    Nothing personal or insulting from me to any of you, but I am blown away that so many Raider fans are ready to send Carr packing. WHY? I mean, please make a valid point as to why?

Two years ago he was MVP until he was hurt and took us to the playoffs. Last year he had no oline and all new wr's with a terrible defense.

I am praying we do NOT get a QB with one of our first round picks. We do NOT need to waste a pick for a QB that early.

Carr in my most humbled opinion is NOT our problem whatsoever.

Without being insulting, PLEASE MAKE YOUR CASE!!!
    Carr can't handle pressure.

I'm OK with giving him another year, even if we do draft a QB at 4.

However, that could backfire.

Almost always better to move on from a guy a year too early than a year later.

If DC doesn't play very well this season the trade market for him next year will be weaker than what we might obtain now.

It's not a matter of being a Carr hater, it's all about wanting the Raiders to have sustained success.

I don't want him gone. I want him to return to form pre injury. He's smart and accurate. Gruden doesn't run a deep throw offense but he wants a QB who can go deep if the defense is giving it up. I think Carr is the guy if he can trust his line again.