Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We still need a punter.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Then don't get backed up. The winning teams don't rely on Jano and Lechler to be the only reason they are in games.
    the rams relied on their punter and kicker to be weapons all the time,they get backed up,no problem a booming kick pushes opposition back tot here 35 yd line,50-55+ yds fg attempts,no problem,they routinely won games with booming long fgs last yr or long fgs before halftime (momentum changing) we got a good fg kicker so thats not a problem but we need a huge leg that can change the field position game especially when we back up

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    the rams relied on their punter and kicker to be weapons all the time,they get backed up,no problem a booming kick pushes opposition back tot here 35 yd line,50-55+ yds fg attempts,no problem,they routinely won games with booming long fgs last yr or long fgs before halftime (momentum changing) we got a good fg kicker so thats not a problem but we need a huge leg that can change the field position game especially when we back up
    They didn't rely on their kicker to be the only scorer on the team though. Too many games where the Raiders had 15 points and all were from Jano FG's.
    We don't need a huge leg. We need an offense that can AT THE VERY LEAST get into FG position. That would be phase 2 out of five for a winning team.

Yah - we should be happy to have 4 wins considering what Gruden did to the team for no apparent reason.
    well the mack thing wasn't on him,that was all on mack for being a greedy fvck,i agreed with the thinking of moving him for high draft capital and gobs of cap space,so far the mack trade has yielded us josh jacobs and over 31 million in cap space and we got another xtra 1st rd pick left 2020

the cooper trade got us abrams but also 15 million in cap space which we turned into antonio brown after giving up our 3rd and 5th rd picks (1.2 million rookie pool) -16.2 million vs 16.6 ab salary

They didn't rely on their kicker to be the only scorer on the team though. Too many games where the Raiders had 15 points and all were from Jano FG's.
    We don't need a huge leg. We need an offense that can AT THE VERY LEAST get into FG position. That would be phase 2 out of five for a winning team.
    were well into phase 2 and headed to phase 3 already,our offense will avg 7 pts more per game this yr vs last yr because of jacobs,a.b,t.will,grant/renfro

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    well the mack thing wasn't on him,that was all on mack for being a greedy fvck,i agreed with the thinking of moving him for high draft capital and gobs of cap space,so far the mack trade has yielded us josh jacobs and over 31 million in cap space and we got another xtra 1st rd pick left 2020

the cooper trade got us abrams but also 15 million in cap space which we turned into antonio brown after giving up our 3rd and 5th rd picks (1.2 million rookie pool) -16.2 million vs 16.6 ab salary
    I get the Mack and Irvin thing. I was talking about a few other players on defense who may have not been great, but much better than we had last year.
    Autry
    Calhoun
    Luani
    Gilchrist
    Ward
    Latham
    Amerson? Smith?
    I get the price thing and none of these guys were great, but look what we got? Worst defense in the league.

surprisingly we were 26th in total defense last yr

I get the Mack and Irvin thing. I was talking about a few other players on defense who may have not been great, but much better than we had last year.
    Autry
    Calhoun
    Luani
    Gilchrist
    Ward
    Latham
    Amerson? Smith?
    I get the price thing and none of these guys were great, but look what we got? Worst defense in the league.
    I hated losing Autry, really thought he was a solid player and we could use him.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I hated losing Autry, really thought he was a solid player and we could use him.
    Not sure on Autry contract but I
    think the Colts gave him quite a lot
    of money....

Its a punter. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Not sure on Autry contract but I
    think the Colts gave him quite a lot
    of money....
    3 -17.8, 6.5 guaranteed. Cap hits left, 4.8 this year, 5.8 next year.