Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We still need a punter.

Townsend ranked 29th in the NFL with a 43.2 average punt.
    Chargers released their punter Drew Kaser after ranking 3rd and 4th in punting the last 2 years. Averaging over 48 yards per punt!
    Chargers released him because he had trouble with holding the ball on field goals.

Raiders signed him to compete with Townsend and have since released him.

Can anyone explain why? Very confusing!!!! Again, last 2 years he’s been OVER 48 yds per punt, and he doesn’t have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Chargers released their punter Drew Kaser after ranking 3rd and 4th in punting the last 2 years. Averaging over 48 yards per punt!
    Chargers released him because he had trouble with holding the ball on field goals.

Can anyone explain why? Very confusing!!!! Again, last 2 years he’s been OVER 48 yds per punt, and he doesn’t have a job.
    i would have dumped townsend last yr,dude absolutely sucks,as for kaser "dudes still unemployed" must be a reason for it,hopefully we nring him back to compete against townsend

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    The numbers may not show it, but my eyes saw a terrible punter last year. No hang time, shanked kicks etc. Normally you don't notice a punter unless they are outstanding. Most seem average. Our guy was the worst I ever saw.
    agree 100% when we were backed up the kid i swear was avg 35 yds a punt leaving the defense on an island

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post

But if you look at the average, it's only by 5-6 yards of the best. He's behind guys who are 43.4. Whoever the Chargers had punting for them only averaged 43.3 in 2018.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/punting

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    agree 100% when we were backed up the kid i swear was avg 35 yds a punt leaving the defense on an island
    Then don't get backed up. The winning teams don't rely on Jano and Lechler to be the only reason they are in games.

Well here what Gruden thinking....
    The Raiders offense should score on every
    drive; so what do you need a punter for....

So when Townsend come out to punt;
    you need to blame the offense for
    not moving the ball

not moving the ball

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    But if you look at the average, it's only by 5-6 yards of the best. He's behind guys who are 43.4. Whoever the Chargers had punting for them only averaged 43.3 in 2018.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/punting
    i was looking at some of those stats and the raiders were 5th worst in points scored at 18.1 pts per game,we were also 25th worst in rushing and 18th in passing (understandable though) defense was ranked 23rd with league worst 13 sacks,we were negative 7 on take away/give away

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post

not moving the ball
    Well, if that's what Gruden is thinking, he was clearly misguided last year after examining his offense. He should have known it would be a rocky start and would need a good punter. But he (and Reggie) decided to waste a high 5th round pick on him. Could have gotten someone better later or in UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    i was looking at some of those stats and the raiders were 5th worst in points scored at 18.1 pts per game,we were also 25th worst in rushing and 18th in passing (understandable though) defense was ranked 23rd with league worst 13 sacks,we were negative 7 on take away/give away
    Yah - we should be happy to have 4 wins considering what Gruden did to the team for no apparent reason.