Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We still need a punter.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    Yup that was the guy I wanted too. Out of Texas if I recall.
    No, it was the kid from Alabama.

Odd thing was both the punter and place kicker we added last year were from Florida and neither did anything.

We gave the kicker our largest UDFA signing bonus, only to see him get injured.

And Townsend was a bust from the get-go.

Not good.

We definitely need a punter.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Marquette King is a free agent
    Guy was a really good punter,
    I know why Gruden got rid of
    him because of his Twitter use, but
    we got wide receiver that is just
    as bad on his Twitter use

We were probably ready to take pro bowl punter Dickson with our top 5th pick, but Hurst fell to us.
    Then we were hoping he’d slide to our pick at the end of the 5th, but Seattle grabbed him.

Texas A&M mega punter Braden Mann is going back to school. No punter in this class worth taking in that 5 range. Or at all.

I’m still on board trading a 5th and a later pick to get to the 4th & grab Mann when he comes out.
    Let’s go up & grab our field flipping punter for the next decade!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    Guy was a really good punter,
    I know why Gruden got rid of
    him because of his Twitter use, but
    we got wide receiver that is just
    as bad on his Twitter use

No. He got rid of him because he was getting 15 yard penalties. Like Gruden said, punter should never get 15 yard penalty’s. King has had multiples.

Turned out, Gruden was correct.

Maybe King has humbled up & brought him back to earth. I wouldn’t mind giving him a tryout to see if he still has it

I'd rather try to talk Lechler out of retirement than bring back King.

Senior Member RaiderNationPaul68's Avatar
    Can’t stand King, no Thanks.

I'm bringing this thread back...we still need a punter!

We can't go into this season with the current punter.

Was just looking at the punting stats from last year. The Raiders rank 17th out of 32. After watching games I was sure it was going to be in the bottom 3. The only thing that really stood out was how many punts the Raiders had compared to the better teams. Meaning the offense went 3 and out way to often. Average punt was only a yard or so different than the best punting teams. But when you're on your own 5 yard line we can't expect it to go 90 yards.
    Wouldn't mind seeing what someone else can do though.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Was just looking at the punting stats from last year. The Raiders rank 17th out of 32. After watching games I was sure it was going to be in the bottom 3. The only thing that really stood out was how many punts the Raiders had compared to the better teams. Meaning the offense went 3 and out way to often. Average punt was only a yard or so different than the best punting teams. But when you're on your own 5 yard line we can't expect it to go 90 yards.
    Wouldn't mind seeing what someone else can do though.
    The numbers may not show it, but my eyes saw a terrible punter last year. No hang time, shanked kicks etc. Normally you don't notice a punter unless they are outstanding. Most seem average. Our guy was the worst I ever saw.