Thread: Can You Imagine...

Can You Imagine...

the exploding heads if Gruden signs Manziel now that AAF players are eligible to sign with an NFL club ?

This is the type of move that would drive the media insane.

Since it's fairly obvious the NFL is going to force the Raids to do Hard Knocks this year, might as well drive the haters completely nuts.

No. He was awful in Canada.

And I hate the term “The Raids”. What is this? Ant spray?

Please. I watched him play for my city last year and not only is he as much of a scumbag he always was, now he is a terrible player and teamate. They should sign Tim Tebow while were at it.

The stupid organisation we have here traded the farm for him and he won 1 game last year as starter. They commited to him a heck of a lot and he purposefully violated terms of conduct he had with the CFL to bolt for the AAF. Where he barely played and got a concussion. If there is somebody you dont want on your team its this douchebag, who lives of family wealth and the vague souvenir of his college days.
    Last edited by fad; 04-05-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post

Can you imagine the fans
    Chanting “raid raid raid”
    at a Raiders home game

Quote Originally Posted by fad View Post
    Please. I watched him play for my city last year and not only is he as much of a scumbag he always was, now he is a terrible player and teamate. They should sign Tim Tebow while were at it.

The stupid organisation we have here traded the farm for him and he won 1 game last year as starter. They commited to him a heck of a lot and he purposefully violated terms of conduct he had with the CFL to bolt for the AAF. Where he barely played and got a concussion. If there is somebody you dont want on your team its this douchebag, who lives of family wealth and the vague souvenir of his college days.
    Solid take, thanks for the update on his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post

Ya for real! Cut that shit out

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Solid take, thanks for the update on his situation.
    No problem bro, always good to vent a little. See Im not as passionnate about my CFL team (Alouettes) as Im the Raiders, but still its the only team I got that I can go see and cheer for easely. They are in a sad, sad situation right now. As bad as the worse days the Browns have had. The league is buying out the owners so they can tranfer the team to a new group to give it new life. Lets say Johny was like the final nail in the coffin for the family that owns the thing. The GM traded 2 1st round picks and 2 starers for him early last year to save his job. I got to say I have never seen a GM and a player do harm on a sports organization like Kavis Reed and Johny Manziel have done here.
    Last edited by fad; 04-05-2019 at 03:04 PM.

You guys need to think out of the box a little bit more.

Signing Manziel costs absolutely nothing.

Obviously, Manziel isn't getting anything more than a look/see.

At this stage, Manziel himself probably understands his chances of playing in the NFL are extremely slim. His best hope would be to stay relevant until some XFL team can offer him another shot at playing professionally.

We already know Gruden really liked Manziel.

If Gruden likes a QB, he doesn't care too much what how that QB has performed previously elsewhere.

Gru thinks he's the QB whisperer and is willing to give a guy a shot until that guy plays his way out of favor or until he's convinced a QB is irredeemable.

How else can you explain Nathan Peterman being on the roster ?

Glennon, Peterman....Manziel. Is there really that much of a difference ?

Personally, I don't think Manziel has the size or arm talent to be a successful NFL QB, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Manziel's biggest impediment has been the booze and drugs.

Manziel has humbled himself and at least shown a desire to want to get back to playing.

Since it costs absolutely nothing and gives Gruden a chance to prove he's the QB whisperer.....Why not ?

Seems pretty obvious the Raiders are gonna be the Hard Knox circus this year, why not give em a show to remember ?

And admittedly, even if it's a 1 in a thousand chance, imagine Manziel actually succeeding.

Holy moly, there's the greatest redemption story ever !