Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stage 3 - 2019 Oakland Raiders grades are in!!!

When Cable was Head Coach for the raiders; he did start to turn the team around; he went as intern coach 4-8 and then Head Coach 5-11 and then 8-8 in which he beaten every AFC west teams both times in the one season, last time that was done I think was 1976...then Al Davis fired him; I think he should have gotten at least another season as Head Coach...

As for Cable with Offensive Line last season....new Head Coach; new system install, I think everybody should get a bye....I think Gruden fires one person and that was something to do with gym training or something.....but everybody held on to their job

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    When Cable was Head Coach for the raiders; he did start to turn the team around; he went as intern coach 4-8 and then Head Coach 5-11 and then 8-8 in which he beaten every AFC west teams both times in the one season, last time that was done I think was 1976...then Al Davis fired him; I think he should have gotten at least another season as Head Coach...

As for Cable with Offensive Line last season....new Head Coach; new system install, I think everybody should get a bye....I think Gruden fires one person and that was something to do with gym training or something.....but everybody held on to their job
    "The Raiders have reportedly re-hired Tom Cable as the team’s offensive line coach, and while normally the hiring of an offensive line coach would not make waves, this one deserves serious scrutiny.

Not because of Cable and the Raiders’ history — I’m not getting into that — but because of the work Cable has done since being fired as the Raiders’ head coach at the end of the 2010 season."

"Cable is one of the leading proponents of zone blocking, and the Seahawks found tremendous success but also extreme failure with it in Cable’s seven-year run as Seattle’s offensive line coach.

Much of that had to do with personnel — Cable inherited a solid offensive line in his early years in Seattle and it (and some solid zone blocking) was able to help the Seahawks go to two Super Bowls. But the Seahawks organization opted to stop spending on offensive linemen in recent years, and the Seahawks’ offensive line play dramatically suffered."

Tom Cable is not one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL. He should be on a prove it year just like Carr is. I wanted him to go after last season's debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Tom Cable is not one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL. He should be on a prove it year just like Carr is. I wanted him to go after last season's debacle.
    What does it say that u wanted him gone and Chucky didn’t?

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

Quote Originally Posted by F.I.B. Savior View Post
    What does it say that u wanted him gone and Chucky didn’t?

What does it say that Chucky and Mark wanted Reggie gone ?

good point FIB, at the end of the
    Day, it was Jon Gruden that hires
    Tom Cable and if he did such a bad
    job then why has Gruden kept him
    on...just saying is you at least gotta
    give Tom Cable some time.....

And, you can argue that Gruden could be giving Cable one more season to prove it as well since FIB doesn't deal with reality and/or facts at all.

Yeah that true; not sure on
    who call it is on who start
    on the line; think it be Gruden
    but he did throw two rookie
    tackles at Cable to have starting
    at game time....

Bottom line is if the line does
    really bad in 2019 and then
    Cable will be gone at the end
    of the season; but I am just
    saying that you need to give ass.
    coaches time to get thing working
    and one season is a very short
    leash

Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERMAN818 View Post
    What does it say that Chucky and Mark wanted Reggie gone ?
    That Reggie served his purpose with the organization and with the new power structure changing with Gruden coming home, Reggie's services weren't needed anymore.

Speaking of Cable, weren't the Raiders running primarily a power blocking scheme and only started the zone system because it was what Lynch was comfortable?