Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stage 3 - 2019 Oakland Raiders grades are in!!!

Stage 3 - 2019 Oakland Raiders grades are in!!!

Good day to you Nation! Let's get right to the grades earned, and not given for Stage 3 of the 2019 Oakland Raiders season, which is none other than the coaching staff!

For me it's all about the big 4! Let's start with Jon 'Chucky' Gruden! One of the best head coaches in the entire league! There was a reason why he was at the top of every head coaching vacancy over the last several years before Mark Davis finally brought Chucky home! Chucky no doubt is a rock star head coach, who knows and calls offensive football with the best in the world! Chucky is a master motivator, and no one out works Chucky! This man is the epitome of a leader, and had not for illegal acts and conspiracies formed against the greatest organization on professional sports, Chucky would have won three rings with us the first time around. Now that he is back, I truly believe we will reach this ultimate destiny!

OC Greg Olson is one a heck of a coordinator! His resume speaks for itself! He did wonders with Carr as a rookie, and it should be no surprise that Carr had career highs in completion percentage and yards passing last year with Olson back on staff! Olson was hand picked by Chucky to be his guy as OC, and Chucky's word and reference of Greg Olson should be all of us ever need!

Paul Guenther is flat out one of the best defensive coordinators in football! I've heard this from several people in the football world, not associated with the Raiders. Again, this was Gruden's hand picked defensive coordinator, and Guenther was highly sought after and had many head coaches wanting to add coach Guenther to their staffs. Heck, Paul Guenther was being considered for head coaching gigs around the league! We are truly lucky to have him Nation!

Special teams coach and assistant head coach Rich Bisaccia has been called by many 'the best special teams coach in the entire league'! I would have to agree! This guy knows it all Nation! Another coach we are very lucky to have on staff!

The big thing for me here Nation, is this is year 2 now that these men have been together. Continuity should not be underestimated, and I'm sure there was a re-acclimation period and a little rust for Chucky to shake off as well, having spent so much time up in the booth.

Now that this is gone and this staff is back together for year number two, watch for their coaching to go to another level, and in a good way!

Easy grade to give here Nation, the grades earned for stage 3 of the 2019 Oakland Raiders season which is the coaching staff, is none other than an A++++!

Be good Nation and talk soon!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

I would have been curious to see what your grade is for our OL coach.
    Everything is an A++++. But would Cable only get an A+? Or an A with NO pluses?

Ha, we all know Gruden is the OC, Olson is just carrying the Surface around for Gruden.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I would have been curious to see what your grade is for our OL coach.
    Everything is an A++++. But would Cable only get an A+? Or an A with NO pluses?
    Cable is one of the best O-line coaches in the business! Don't blame Cable for last years non-production from the O-line. Injuries were everywhere from the outset, and two rookie tackles were playing most of the year too. Add in a new offense and you get what you got. Cable can only do so much.

Cable is regarded as one of the best O-lines in football and I completely agree with this statement!

Go Raiders and in Reggie, Mark, Chucky, and Mike Mayock I trust!

Thanks for the read FIB...I always need a lil comic relief after a long day..

Don't think much of Greg Olson. Wasn't impressed with him the first time around with the Raids or with his offensive scheming in other stops.

PG seemed to bring better cohesion and organization to the Defense last year, at least an improvement over KNJ, but when you can't scheme up more than 13 sacks an entire season, something ain't right.

Cable wore out his welcome in Seattle, but always seemed to be scrambling to put together a line without much resources being dedicated to his group.

Hard for me not to like Cable though. The episode when he punched out one of his assistants here - and the next day the Raid players all chanting 'CABLE BOOMAYE' was epic and will go down in Raid folklore.

I know most here don't and even though I don't agree with you, I love the optimism, we lack that around here. But c'mon man, Tom Cable? Nah.

Greg Olsen has done well working with QB's, he's not calling the plays, but helping teach the scheme and coach the game plan for Gruden who will design and call all the plays. I'm okay with him in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by crizpynutz View Post
    I know most here don't and even though I don't agree with you, I love the optimism, we lack that around here. But c'mon man, Tom Cable? Nah.

Greg Olsen has done well working with QB's, he's not calling the plays, but helping teach the scheme and coach the game plan for Gruden who will design and call all the plays. I'm okay with him in that role.
    Yeah, I agree. Olson's current role is probably more of a QB coach than offensive coordinator, and that's fine.

Remember Greg Knapp ? Guy drove me nuts. Couldn't stand him as an offensive coordinator. But if you've ever seen him work with QBs or run drills, he's actually quite good at that.

Sipping the Kool-Aid

Tom Cable should have been fired the day after our season ended, and probably doesn't deserve another shot at coaching in the NFL.