Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will 2019 Be Derek Carr's Last Season As A Raider ?

All the doubt is removed when you Win.

This is a prove it season for Carr and his future with the Raiders and that guaranteed $. He knows that sh$t. He’s a competitor and is hungry. Gruden went all out to build a team around him and will probably pickup insurance in the first 2 rounds of the draft anyway. Nobody would be too surprised if Gruden picked up a QB in the first round with a later pick.

To me, Carr has all the talent and the intangibles, plus the consistency of a second year in the same offense this year.. It’s time for this sh to show up on the field. No more excuses.
    Last edited by Imasmashu; 04-01-2019 at 04:00 PM.

I’m glad he will get this coming season to prove it. The man can play QB. Don’t understand what a lot of fans expected out of Carr last season with what we had. I guess 5,000 yards and 12 wins lol

To start out with; you do not need a great QB to win a superbowl....but you do need a QB that is smart and not making mistake...If the Raiders defense improve big like be a top 10 defense and I think Carr is the man to get to a superbowl.....

It take a team to win a superbowl and not a QB....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post
    To start out with; you do not need a great QB to win a superbowl....but you do need a QB that is smart and not making mistake...If the Raiders defense improve big like be a top 10 defense and I think Carr is the man to get to a superbowl.....

"Smart" and "mistake free" are not how I would describe Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    "Smart" and "mistake free" are not how I would describe Carr.
    Thought the same thing. Carr has all the arm skills. He might be smart on paper, but in game situations, he hasn't proven it to me yet. Unable to read defenses quickly, unable to feel pressure, unwilling to step up in the pocket despite having a pro bowl center and two pro bowl guards. Play action not very believable. Can't sell a pump fake.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhead View Post
    Thought the same thing. Carr has all the arm skills. He might be smart on paper, but in game situations, he hasn't proven it to me yet. Unable to read defenses quickly, unable to feel pressure, unwilling to step up in the pocket despite having a pro bowl center and two pro bowl guards. Play action not very believable. Can't sell a pump fake.
    To me he feels pressure all the time, even when it's not there. Very panicky guy.

This season is an audition for Carr to remain with the team or be moved, simple as that. The guy has the physical tools to be a franchise NFL quarterback, but he's yet to prove he has the intangibles to be one. The thing that worries me is there are times I see signs of mental weakness on the field during crucial plays/parts of the game. Then I've seen him look tough as nails and make a big time throw when we needed it. So, who knows? But I think this year is his year to prove to this staff and management whether we move forward with him or without him in 2020.

Prove it or moved on from is what 2019 is for carr after this yr we have zero dead money committed to carr
    Last edited by mstrbass2000; 04-02-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRaider View Post

I think he has the head to win. The Denver game, he remarked to Gruden that he did not have to do much and they won. He wouild much rather have the run game set up the pass game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    I think he has the head to win. The Denver game, he remarked to Gruden that he did not have to do much and they won. He wouild much rather have the run game set up the pass game.
    Of course he would.

The acid test comes when he has to carry the team to victory.

That's what the good ones do.

Let's hope he comes through.