Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Carr Up or Down

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I didn't say that but if you're asking, then yes I would rather have Manning over Carr any day.
    You CAN. Go root for the Giants....

I didn't say that but if you're asking, then yes I would rather have Manning over Carr any day.
    id have to disagree,eli is a shell of himself despite having odb,engram,sharp and barkley,carr would have killed to have that surrounding him while completing 69% and going for 4100 yds probably puts up 30 tds with all that talent around him

Quote Originally Posted by Vioraider View Post
    You CAN. Go root for the Giants....
    Why would I root for the Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    id have to disagree,eli is a shell of himself despite having odb,engram,sharp and barkley,carr would have killed to have that surrounding him while completing 69% and going for 4100 yds probably puts up 30 tds with all that talent around him
    We'll see this year, he's got AB. Let's see if AB puts up career numbers.

We'll see this year, he's got AB. Let's see if AB puts up career numbers.
    that's why prove it yr, carr finally gets a true wr1 and wr2 deep threat,still need a stud rb though but crowell as a 2 down thumper and richard are decent enough threats at rb but were missing a te threat now,i think carr can go for 4700 and 30 tds this yr which would put him in top 10

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Why are you so hung up on 69% and 4100 yards in a 4 win season? You know for a fact that those statistics are meaningless, yet you for some reason keep referring to them. Checking down, and garbage time statistics are meaningless. Again, remove the blinders and the situation is as clear as day, DC's yards per attempt (subtracting YAC) was the lowest in the league for a reason. Factor in check-downs in a clean pocket which he also led the NFL in at least halfway through the season, and it becomes near impossible to defend Mr.Happy Feet. No need to put lipstick on a pig, let's just see what he does this season. Five years later, NOBODY can make a legitimate argument (based on FACTS, figures, in depth statistical analysis) that Derek Carr is undoubtedly a "franchise QB". The jury is still out..make no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorRaider View Post
    Why are you so hung up on 69% and 4100 yards in a 4 win season? You know for a fact that those statistics are meaningless, yet you for some reason keep referring to them. .
    I’m thinking because he had a Arena League level WR core, sub standard RB group, a mess of an OL in front of him
    all while playing in a brand new system. Oh and one of the worst D’s in the league not getting him back the ball with any kind of field position.

The Carr haters are going to be PISSED when he shows out in 19!

All of the above is why I'm not arguing either way or using stats for anything. One year. Ball out or get out. Easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    I’m thinking because he had a Arena League level WR core, sub standard RB group, a mess of an OL in front of him
    all while playing in a brand new system. Oh and one of the worst D’s in the league not getting him back the ball with any kind of field position.

The Carr haters are going to be PISSED when he shows out in 19!
    His WR's created more space than half of the WR's in the NFL at last season's midway point. There's worse out there at WR than Jordy & Amari with Cook at TE. A top 3 interior Oline, but yes I'll give in to the fact that our Tackles were well below average. RB position was above average until Lynch went down injured.

Definitely not a Carr hater, just a realist. For the record, I'd love see Carr flourish and lead us back to the promised land but logic is pointing towards him simply not being good enough to do that.

OK, time to bring back Andrew Walter; if everyone hate Carr that much......gotta remember all the bad QB,s we had before Carr came to Oakland......

Carr will have a better season in 2019....but if a good QB in the draft falls to the 24 spot, I can see Gruden drafting a QB