Thread: Brandon Marshall lb coming in for a visit

Brandon Marshall lb coming in for a visit

Brandon Marshall LB, Unsigned Free Agent
    Free agent LB Brandon Marshall will visit the Raiders on Thursday.

The Raiders are the only team that has been linked to Marshall since his release over two weeks ago. Marshall is entering his age-30 season and has been bogged down by injuries in recent seasons. Still, the last time he was fully healthy, Marshall proved to be a difference maker as an off-ball linebacker. Even after signing Vontaze Burfict, the Raiders still appear to have a need at linebacker.

Marshall Burfict Whitehead would be a nice trio in a base 4-3 defense

Sounds great but eh idk yo. Im hesitant to sign Players that chose OTHER teams over the Raiders! Last time they were a FA...

Quote Originally Posted by APROVO View Post
    Sounds great but eh idk yo. Im hesitant to sign Players that chose OTHER teams over the Raiders! Last time they were a FA...
    Who was the player that chose another team than the Raiders last time? Cause I believe that Marshall was drafted by the Jags and then was signed to Denver's practice squad when he was cut by the Jags. I don't remember him coming for a visit or even being linked to the Raiders before this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakland 3:16 View Post
    Who was the player that chose another team than the Raiders last time? Cause I believe that Marshall was drafted by the Jags and then was signed to Denver's practice squad when he was cut by the Jags. I don't remember him coming for a visit or even being linked to the Raiders before this year.
    Must be confusing with Zach Brown. Whatever.. Taking the choices these guys make personnaly is not worth it IMHO. Its a business.

That said I would be very happy to have Brandon Marshall. He is a very good player, well rounded linebacker, very smart and instinctive. Between him and Vontaze, everything depending on health foward, I think we can be confident the linebacker group would be much improved. Fingers crossed I will be following his situation tomorrow.

Ok ya i think I did confuse him with Zach. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBay View Post
    Marshall Burfict Whitehead would be a nice trio in a base 4-3 defense
    Sounds nice on paper, but I’d love to infuse some youth along side Burfict and Whitehead!
    If we trade down and get White I’d be happy, also if Bush somehow fell to #24 I’d be pumped as well.
    Though doubt Bush finds his way to the mid #20s

If we took Q #4 and Bush & Hockenson was there at #24 who would you take? Gimme Hock then Bush at #27, but that wouldn’t happen

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Sounds nice on paper, but I’d love to infuse some youth along side Burfict and Whitehead!
    If we trade down and get White I’d be happy, also if Bush somehow fell to #24 I’d be pumped as well.
    Though doubt Bush finds his way to the mid #20s

If we took Q #4 and Bush & Hockenson was there at #24 who would you take? Gimme Hock then Bush at #27, but that wouldn’t happen
    If Hockensen is there at #24 I run my fastest 40 time to get to the podium....

Nice last year, we were adding the lowest tier of LBS in Lamur and Derrick Johnson. This year, we get 2 higher caliber vets on the right side of 30.