Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Washington Raider relationaship

Washington Raider relationaship

With Gruden now settling in his second year and second draft, anyone expect him and his brother working together on mutual deals?

Quote Originally Posted by rabidraider View Post
    With Gruden now settling in his second year and second draft, anyone expect him and his brother working together on mutual deals?
    Possibly but also don't forget about Philly either. Mayock was born and raised in Philly, still lives here. Grew up a hardcore Eagles fan and established ties to them when he worked on TV.

his brother doesn't have a 10 yr window like jon does,so no i don't see it happening

Possibly FA players, maybe Jon called Jay regarding Zach Brown....Jay told him to stay away. I think there's going to be conversations, you had so and so, what was he like.

Doubtful they will do deals together, Jay was shocked to hear about the signing of Landon Collins....so that in itself tells you a lot about the admin relationship with the coaches in DC.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/03/18/ja...andon-collins/

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    Possibly but also don't forget about Philly either. Mayock was born and raised in Philly, still lives here. Grew up a hardcore Eagles fan and established ties to them when he worked on TV.
    And to piggyback on this. Also with Mayock's previous job he's had to have relationships with ALL the teams coaches and possibly their front offices. So he should have pretty good connections with every team.

Wasn't Mayock an announcer for the Eagles preseason games too?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakland 3:16 View Post
    And to piggyback on this. Also with Mayock's previous job he's had to have relationships with ALL the teams coaches and possibly their front offices. So he should have pretty good connections with every team.

Wasn't Mayock an announcer for the Eagles preseason games too?

He sure was. He loves Fletcher Cox.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    He sure was. He loves Fletcher Cox.
    Who doesn't. Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakland 3:16 View Post
    Who doesn't. Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.
    mayock loves Q AND OLIVER even spoke about getting inside pressure because it was the closest point to sacking or pressuring the qb

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    mayock loves Q AND OLIVER even spoke about getting inside pressure because it was the closest point to sacking or pressuring the qb
    Very True. If Q falls to #4 I don't see how he isn't the pick. I don't know much about Oliver though. It seems every time I got/get a chance to either watch him play or participate in the Combine he's hurt. I'm not saying that he's injury prone just I've had bad luck on the chance to see him play or go through drills.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    Heard that as well and agree, you can't allow a QB, space in the pocket to survey and step into his throw, you need to collapse the pocket on him, the Giants' teams that owned Tom Brady did that with Tuck constantly up the gut on pass downs. There are techniques, if beat by an edge rusher, tackles are taught to make the loop to the passer as larger as possible, which is what happened to Key, he'd get penetration, but the tackle pushed just enough where Key didn't have the leverage to make the sack, there was space in front of the QB to step up. Now you have a tackle that can push the pocket, forcing the QB backwards....back pedaling, get him off balance..anything can happen at that point.