Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders Targeting A QB In The Draft?

Raiders Targeting A QB In The Draft?

Hearing Raiders are serious about possibly drafting a QB with the #4 pick.

I don't know how I feel about that. No QB in this draft impresses me. We have bigger needs. I think I would be very disappointed if we drafted a QB at 4.

Thoughts?

Smokescreen, to get teams in love with Haskins to jump past us allowing one of the prime defenders to fall into our lap.

Plus as an added bonus, it's intel, we poke around a couple handful of top tier draftees and only draft one, that's 9 players we have some intel on...for game planning against or for trade or future free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post
    Smokescreen, to get teams in love with Haskins to jump past us allowing one of the prime defenders to fall into our lap.

Plus as an added bonus, it's intel, we poke around a couple handful of top tier draftees and only draft one, that's 9 players we have some intel on...for game planning against or for trade or future free agency.
    I hope you're right. The only thing that makes me think it could be real though, is that it's Gruden and Mayock and everyone knows how much those two love QBs.

I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderjohn622 View Post

Exactly,
    It’s a pretty obvious plan.
    They saw Carr was a MVP candidate when he had a NFL average WR core.
    Give him real weapons around him and make him show it again.

They are not moving on from Carr after his best WR last year was a traveling insurance salesman.

Simple smokescreen since they want to be in the trade game.
    Raiders fans should be pumped that 2 QBs stock has been goin up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Exactly,
    It’s a pretty obvious plan.
    They saw Carr was a MVP candidate when he had a NFL average WR core.
    Give him real weapons around him and make him show it again.

They are not moving on from Carr after his best WR last year was a traveling insurance salesman.

Simple smokescreen since they want to be in the trade game.
    Raiders fans should be pumped that 2 QBs stock has been goin up!
    I'm glad their stock is rising but I want no parts of either Murray or Haskins.

One is a midget the other JaMarcus Russell 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyRaider View Post
    I'm glad their stock is rising but I want no parts of either Murray or Haskins.

One is a midget the other JaMarcus Russell 2.0
    Haskins is not Russell. Russell was dumb as a box of rocks.
    The combine meeting stories about this guy was eye opening. He was a simpleton with a golden arm.
    Coaches / GMs know how to spot those guys now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    Haskins is not Russell. Russell was dumb as a box of rocks.
    The combine meeting stories about this guy was eye opening. He was a simpleton with a golden arm.
    Coaches / GMs know how to spot those guys now.
    They can? Then how come Lamar Jackson got drafted in the 1st round? His Wonderlic score was 13.

This score indicates he is as intelligent as a dead plant.

I see Russell In Haskins and a midget in Murray.

Murray will be a better QB than Carr

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    Murray will be a better QB than Carr
    I don't think Murray winds up being equal to Doug Flutie.

That's ridiculous. Keep calling Murray a midget yet Carr plays like a mental midget with his check downs. Murray isn't afraid to throw deep and often.