Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Parker Moves to Starkville, MS to be near Jackson in Off-season

Parker Moves to Starkville, MS to be near Jackson in Off-season

This year, though, Jackson has been taking a teammate with him to dinner. Second-year tackle Brandon Parker has moved to Starkville to learn the ways of his older counterpart. And also to get bigger. The 6-foot-8 Parker weighed 305 pounds last season, and even though he just lost his starting job when the Raiders signed free agent Trent Brown, he will be counted on as their swing tackle, the backup on both the right and left sides.
    and...

You a personal trainer now?

He is a young guy, and I don’t want to bash the program that he came into the league with, but he didn’t have the right tools to work with. I just wanted to help him and offer whatever knowledge I could.

How much bigger has Brandon gotten so far?

He is up to 330 now. He’s gotten good and strong. We work out once a day, five days a week.
    I was not aware of this, played all season with a torn pec? Damn.

Some people may not appreciate how tough this is, but you partially tore your pectoral muscle the first game of last season. And you lasted 13 games before you then hurt your elbow. Thirteen games. … Did you go home at night and ask yourself if you had lost your mind?

That first week after I hurt it, my coaches and teammates asked me if I was going to make it and play the next game. I said yeah, but in my mind, I was thinking, I hope so, I hope this thing holds up. And then from there, I didn’t want to let anyone down. In my heart, I knew that I could make it and that once I was on the field, I was going to do the best that I could and that would be enough to help the team. I never thought about not playing because I thought I was still helping the team.
    If you have the athletic it's a decent read: https://theathletic.com/880666/2019/...side-and-more/

explains a lot of his sub par play

Fans bash players without knowing what they're going through

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    makes you wonder about kolton miller as well

Nice to hear the kid is working hard to get better. A solid swing tackle is worth a 3rd pick if he works out.

Sounds great. This is the development program we need, foundational core pieces that can take a rookie under his belt and teach him the ropes on how to be an NFL player. For years, we did not have that, before you knew it, we were done with a coach and all those vets were sent packing before they could even work with the kids. It was a 2 year cycle, draft picks dumped, draft picks traded away. Now we got Carr, Jackson, Hudson offensively, even ABrown as well who can work on developing young draft picks.

I don't know how I feel about this, honestly. It doesn't say whether the weight he's put on is weight or actual muscle.

And he can blame a torn pec all he wants to, but the fact is he was a turnstile last year and that was largely due to poor footwork, technique, and lack of strength.

I have my doubts about this cat.

2 rookie tackles thrown into the fire as starters, injured but show grit to stay out there.

Both Parker and Miller showing big “want to”. Showing offseason commitment and how they will bounce back.
    Big jump for both of them year #2!
    Last edited by Pitzrrr; 03-21-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitzrrr View Post
    2 rookie tackles thrown into the fire as starters, but injured but show grit to stay out there.

Both Parker and Miller showing big “want to”. Also shows the commitment and how they will bounce back.
    Big jump for both of them year #2!
    How could it get any worse? The jump better be a huge one.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    If fans are never told of an injury, how would they know? Just start guessing? Or just assume everyone's injured somehow?