Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Devin Smith is not worthy of being a top ten pick.

Devin Smith is not worthy of being a top ten pick.

Devin Smith is an amazing athlete, runs fast and hits a ton. But he consistently tackles high and he lacks elite or even very good instincts. There is a lot of tape seeing him run down the ball carrier and layin some wood. Unfortunately there is just as much tape of him trying to tackle the opponent around the shoulder blades or just plain whiffing. If he knew how to tackle correctly then his elite athleticism could negate his lack of instincts. He reminds me of a QB that can run fast and throw the ball real far but does not have accuracy and can't read an defense. I would be willing to consider him with our last 1st round pick or 2nd round pick but definitely not our #4 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by shibumi View Post
    Devin Smith is an amazing athlete, runs fast and hits a ton. But he consistently tackles high and he lacks elite or even very good instincts. There is a lot of tape seeing him run down the ball carrier and layin some wood. Unfortunately there is just as much tape of him trying to tackle the opponent around the shoulder blades or just plain whiffing. If he knew how to tackle correctly then his elite athleticism could negate his lack of instincts. He reminds me of a QB that can run fast and throw the ball real far but does not have accuracy and can't read an defense. I would be willing to consider him with our last 1st round pick or 2nd round pick but definitely not our #4 pick.
    bro are you talking about devin white ???

You're right. That's why he went in the 2nd round in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrange View Post
    You're right. That's why he went in the 2nd round in 2015.
    Priceless LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pfish57 View Post
    Priceless LOL
    where is that guy now ???

Quote Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 View Post
    where is that guy now ???
    He reentered draft of course according to OP

The OPs post is sponsored by Bud Light.